Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Friendship's Camellia

This card is for Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #3. This was a fun sketch--I think I'll be using it again!

My base card is Very Vanilla with layers of Basic Gray, Bashful Blue, and DP from the Lotus Mat Pack by K & Co. The next element is Basic Gray, Kiwi Kiss, and more DP from the pack. A strip of Kiwi Kiss striped ribbon and a button from my stash tied on with DMC embroidery floss fulfills that part of the sketch. The focal image is from Gina K. Designs' Friendship's Garden set and was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on Very Vanilla card stock and colored with a Kiwi Kiss reinker and Copic markers # WO and W1. I stamped the camellia four times and layered it with 3M foam squares for dimension. Then it was matted with Kiwi Kiss and Basic Gray and popped up on more foam squares. Three smaller buttons tied on with floss finish off the sketch.

I'm glad you dropped in today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Friendship's Garden (Gina K. Designs)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Basic Gray, Bashful Blue, Kiwi Kiss (SU!); Lotus Mat Pack (K & Co.)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: 3M foam squares (craft store); Kiwi Kiss ribbon (SU!); Copic markers; buttons (my stash); DMC floss

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love that DP! The image is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so pretty! I like the buttons you added to this also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yea! I'm definitely making up a dozen of these cards this weekend. They would be so great to have on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that flower is so pretty!!! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...