Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Make Art Blog Hop–the eTeam and Wendy Vecchi!!

wendyhop_2012oct30

Hi everyone, and welcome to our Make Art blog hop featuring art from the eTeam and special guest, Wendy Vecchi! We're delighted to have Wendy joining us today, to not only share her products but also to share in her unique artistic style and to be inspired by each of the hop participants.

During the hop the team is going to be sharing the projects that they created with Studio 490 products but maybe more importantly we'll be sharing our experience of working with the products, how we created our projects, and what inspired us to create our piece.

The eTeam is a wonderful group of talented women, each with their own style. Some of us are clean and simple card makers, others love scrapbooking, and still others are drawn to altered art and mixed media projects. The goal of our hop is to bring each of these designers and their favorite mediums together and to share how we've used these products to express our own individual styles through our work.

But...that's not all...eclectic Paperie is also offering a few specials during our hop.

  • This week only save 25% on all Studio 490 products, this includes Wendy's stamps, stencils, Art Parts, Book, and Blossom Bucket embellishments. Use code WENDY25 when checking out.
  • During the hop, comment on each blog and you'll be entered into a drawing for a prize package worth $50! Your package will include a collection of Studio 490 products as well as paper and embellishments from the store.

Wait...there's more!

  • We want to hear about what inspires you! Share your thoughts about why you create, what styles you're drawn to, even share a favorite project on our Facebook page. Next week I'll randomly select a winner from those who have commented on our Make Art Facebook posts and give away a $25 gift certificate to eP! Now...are you ready for some crafty goodness? Let's get hopping!

eclectic Paperie - The beginning of the hop

Wendy Vecchi

Barbara Anders

Broni Holcombe

Julie Masse

Kim Schofield

Kim Teasdale

Mary-Ann Maldonado

Michelle Hill

Micki Harper

Sherry Cheever

Tammy Hersberger

Tenia Nelson

Starla Nelson

Thank you so much for joining us and make some time this week to create art and craft your story...

I was giddy with excitement when I received the Wendy Vecchi - Studio 490 - Art Parts Hearts Love & Stars to play work with for this hop. You might have figured out that I love to alter stuff for home décor items so this was right up my alley! When thinking about what I was going to do, Valentine’s Day came immediately to mind, since there were hearts and LOVE involved. But I didn’t want to do Valentine’s Day. I thought about Christmas. Almost did something with that. But, in the end, I decided to do something that I can use year ‘round in my home—it will hang on a cup rack under a shelf on my newly painted yellow dining room wall. We don’t have to have an occasion for LOVE, right? It’s there all the time and *I* love how this little wall hanging expresses that constantly—every time I look at it. I’m simply in love with it :)

OK, I started by covering my larger heart with Kraft corrugated paper. To do that, I simply applied my adhesive to the heart and slapped it down on the back side of the paper. Then I trimmed around the heart with a craft knife and sanded the edges with my Idea-ology Sanding Grip Block

Next, using my Adirondack Paint Dabber – Aqua, I put a coat of paint just on the tops of the corrugation so I’d have some contrast. Then I went around the edges with my Adirondack Paint Dabber – Pool. Just a little darker shade for more contrast, then I sponged the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and my Inkssentials Foam Blending Tool. Here’s a closer look at that.

wendyhop_2012oct30c

You can also see that I used some bling—LOVE vintage/distress mated with bling. Love. It. This is a Prima Doodle Deux Swirl and I used the whole thing ;-) I cut it up in pieces and sorta just filled in where I needed pieces to cover the large heart.

On to the smaller heart. I covered it in the same manner as I did the large heart, but this time I used
Echo Park - For the Record (Documented) paper. I sanded the edges and sponged them with distress ink, as well. Before I adhered it to the larger heart, I tied around some vintaged-up seam binding, embellished with one of these  Maya Road Trinket Pins - Vintage Pearl.

Then I adhered the small heart with hot glue and went about embellishing it. I painted the LOVE sentiment with a Adirondack Paint Dabber – Pitch Black and popped it up on
Scotch Foam Mounting Tape, cut into little strips. I didn’t take a picture of it, but here’s a little hint: if your foam will show, color it with a marker to make it blend in to either the background or the popped up element. In this case, I colored the visible edges of the foam with a black Copic marker.

wendyhop_2012oct30b

I finished my project off with a die-cut flower and a wire handle—perfectly embellished with a button from the Buttons Galore and More Ice Collection.

Thanks so much for stopping by! If this is your first stop on the hop, be sure to check out what the rest of the designers have to show you—you’re SURE to be inspired, and, you know, you might win something ;-)




Pin It










~Supplies~
Stamps: None
Paper: For the Record 2 (Documented) (Echo Park)
Ink:
Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Adirondack Paint Dabbers in Aqua, Pool, Pitch Black; Prima bling, Wendy Vecchi Art Parts, floral wire, button,
foam tape, sanding block, foam blending tool



brownwendysignature

36 comments:

  1. The corrugated paper really helps give your heart more dimension, and the colors compliment each other well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous shabby chic heart! I love corrugated cardboard for the texture it offers, and it looks so gorgeous with the aqua highlights! Gorgeous embellishing: an ornament to treasure. Thanks so much for the inspiration!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing Barbara!!! What a beautiful piece of art. I love the colors and you fab embellies!! You rocked it for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet piece of art! Love the texture and dimension you have achieved with the multiple layers, the corrugation,and 3-d embellies. The colours and mix of pattern are gorgeous. The flower, bow, and stickpin are lovely details and the whimsy of the wire and button is just fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did with the corrugated paper! I'm going to try that today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness Barbara this much LOVE is simply awesome. Those hearts are perfect for this and the corrugated paper I'm realy diggin'. I'm sure it will look perfect in your "new" diningroom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful altered heart. Thanks so much for all the details on how you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the look of this!! It is bright, detailed and perfect for a reminder of what is important everyday!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this, Barbara, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous piece of altered art!! Love the texture and dimension you have on this!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous. I love the corrugated paper and the jewel leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gasp...an Art Part I don't have! I gotta go shopping at eP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a great job.Love the shabby feel of your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the hint of blue on the corrugated cardboard to bring added texture & help highlight that beautiful paper!:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous. Love how you incorporated corrugated cardboard (must dig mine out). And the embellishments add such an elegance to this wonderful wall hanging. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your blog and your great ideas/tutorials. I also regularly use Art Parts. Love the product. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great hanging heart Barbara - love the colors, the flower and the corrugated background!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great project. Love the corrugated paper on your 1st heart. Going to have to pick up some of these studio 490 items. Thanks for participating in the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Had to hop over and comment on this GORGEOUS heart creation! Love the verdigris finish on the crimped BG and all your little bling details are so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So sweet, really like it. I see you have mastered that 3D flower thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The corrugated paper and your color choices are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just love the word "love!" You did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely wall decor--I like the corrugated paper.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is just great! I love the colors you used and it is soooo Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous wall hanging! Love all the texture and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous color palette -- may have to steal the idea and make one for my home. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous heart!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous! Love the use of the corrugated paper

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fabulous wall hanging, Barbara! Don't you just love when you can make something beautiful that you can also use??!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So pretty! I love the colors and the embellishing. Your wall piece makes me yearn for spring even tho' we haven't had winter yet! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very pretty art. Love all the elements you put together.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Simply stunning Barbara! I am so excited about what you created...it's just perfect and right up my alley. LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is soooooooo AWESOME!!! That is all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...