Wednesday, October 17, 2012

You Are My Sunshine–CTD #214

CTD214_2012oct17


Hi, everyone! It’s time for your favorite color challenge, the Color Throwdown! This week Joan has picked an awesome palette for us to work play with, based on her gorgeous inspiration piece.

swatch 214
I chose to use these bold colors on a white base, which really makes them pop! First of all, I embossed some Sweet Tooth card stock with some big ol’ dots, then added some bling—both provide some texture and interest to an all-white base. Then, using my Die-namics Fishtail Flags Layers STAX, I cut a frame from Brilliant Blue card stock. I used my Die-namics Fishtail Flags STAX to cut the sentiment strip from more Sweet Tooth card stock because it gave me the exact size I needed without any pesky measuring. I stamped the sentiment, from The Great Outdoors Sentiments, and popped the frame up on it with foam. Then I made a Die-namics Sunflower with a Hot Fudge button and hemp cord center and Die-namics Royal Leaves. It took me a while to think through how I wanted to do this design but I love how it turned out!

Here’s the inside with another sentiment from the set.

CTD214_2012oct17in

 

Here are the Die-namics dies I used on this card:

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic  MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic


And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD214 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week, including our awesome October Guest Designer, Dawn Easton!

Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!)   
Broni Holcombe
Denise Marzec
Joan Ervin
Kerri Michaud
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Tammy Hershberger
Wanda Cullen
Dawn Easton (October Guest Designer) 

Thanks so much for stopping by! See you a little later for this week’s
MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge.

 

 

Pin It

 

 

 

~Supplies~
Stamps:
The Great Outdoors Sentiments (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Jellybean Green card stock (MFT); Brilliant Blue, Summer Sun (SU!)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa 
Accessories/tools: Vagabond; embossing folder;
Die-namics Fishtail Flags Layers STAX, Die-namics Fishtail Flags STAX, Die-namics Sunflower, Die-namics Royal Leaves, Hot Fudge button, hemp cord (MFT); bling

 

brownwendysignature

14 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty! The swirl of bling is perfect under your gorgeous flower. So cheerful and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS! Love how you've created a frame using the banner dies! Must remember that! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Striking and sparkly your card is spectacular:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you've used a little bit of the colors on your beautifully embossed white bg!! The bling is very pretty and effective too. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sunflower is such a gorgeous spot of sunshine...LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovin' the fishtail frame!!! Brilliant idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your big yellow flower, Bar, and the blingy flourish and the framed banner look absolutely fabulous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy CROW! That flower just POPS! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just gorgeous, Bar! I love the rhinestone swirls and the way you did your sentiment. I'm going to have to try that:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! I love all the white space (oh yeah!) and the little border on the flag is awesome!! Gorgeous sunflower too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! Love the layered flower and the way you framed the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is a gorgeous card, lvoe the yellow and blue, love the border you created with the flag stax

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE what you did with this, girlfriend! I MUST have that sunflower die... it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...