Friday, October 05, 2012

A Jolly Halloween

coffin_2012sep24

Happy Friday, everyone! I’m here today with a darling little treat box using supplies from eclectic Paperie. This is another project using Graphic 45’s Happy Haunting and I do believe it’s one of my favorite Halloween papers ever. It has such pretty colors and adorable images.

OK, now, this project is super simple and no stamping! But I just love how it turned out. I was in AC Moore craft store several weeks ago and spied these paper mache coffin boxes so I picked one up. It was only $1 so didn’t have much to lose, but, you know, you never know, right? ;-) So, suddenly it occurred to me that my gorgeous Happy Haunting paper would really work well to cover this box PLUS make a matching tag. Voila! Instant giftie!

First, I painted the whole thing with black craft paint. Then I used some paper with a fence design around the sides and a clock at each end, and a starry sky pattern for the top. I did lots of distressing with my Tim Holtz
Idea-ology Sanding Grip Block and then distressed the sanded edges and corners with Vintage Photo Distress Ink  

coffin_2012sep24b


Then I made a tag with more patterned paper, tied a ribbon around, tied on the tag with some twine and a button from the
Ice collection, and it was done!

coffin_2012sep24c

Who knew a coffin could be so cute! Thanks so much for stopping by!




Pin It





~Supplies~
Stamps: None
Paper:
Happy Haunting (Graphic 45)
Ink:
Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Tag, You’re It Die Only (MFT); ribbon, twine, Ice collection button, Idea-ology Sanding Grip Block 



brownwendysignature

3 comments:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...