Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Color Throwdown #48--Waterlily


It's another Color Throwdown day!!! Today, LeAnne is the hostess with the mostess and she picked some yummy colors! We're about to say goodbye to the In Colors so she's using Baja Breeze, Pink Pirouette, and Kraft.

I can say they're yummy now because I love how my card turned out, but when I pulled out these colors to start working on them I was scratching my head wondering what I was going to do! Later, I walked by my water garden and saw waterlilies blooming and that was my inspiration. This new Flourishes' set hadn't been inked it up yet, so this was the perfect time to do it.

I stamped the image on water color paper with Staz-On black ink and watercolored with re-inkers and a brush. I'm not totally happy with my shading but overall I'm very happy with this card. I'm using DP from Bella Birds and Baja Breeze DSP. Baja Breeze double stitched ribbon and some flat backed pearls were all the embellishment I thought it needed.

C'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use Mr. Linky to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD48 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there!

Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week:
Broni Holcombe--Splashes of Watercolor
Cathy Indelicato--Crafty Thoughts
Danielle Kennedy--Wild Dragonfly Designs
LeAnne Pugliese--Wee Inklings
Tammy Hershberger--Stamp Happy

I'm so glad you dropped by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps:
Waterlily (Flourishes)
Paper: Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Pink Pirouette, Kraft, water color paper, Bella Birds, baja Breeze DSP (SU!)
Ink:
Staz-On Black

Accessories:
3M foam squares, pearls (craft store); ribbon, reinkers, oval punch (SU!); brush


11 comments:

  1. This is sooooo pretty! Your layout is gorgeous and that pink waterlily is just fantastic! Love all the pearls too! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! I am so sad these colors are going away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my, this is GORGEOUS! I love how you used the ribbon as a border, but that pretty waterlily is beautiful!!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! You are just rockin' the designs lately!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is really gorgeous, Barbara! I love those great papers, and you've colored the lily beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful!
    That image is stunning!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Barb - I just saw your card on the CTD post and OMG it's drop dead gorgeous!!! FABULOUS IN EVERYWAY!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Bar I just realized that you are on the CTD Design Team. How cool, love your card, soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, so very pretty. Definitely will have to CASE this one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...