Thursday, June 04, 2009

Exciting news!!!!

You remember that contest I was in? The MFT Idol contest? The one that I didn't win? The one that also was going to determine new design team members? Well, guess what? I MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have the awesome privilege of joining My Favorite Things' design team--The Sweet Sixteen--for the next 6 months!!!! I'm over the moon excited and still can't believe that I'm joining this team of talented designers! Still pinching myself, but it was announced at the release party last night so I guess it must be true, LOL!!

Last night was the release party for three new sets: Let's Picnic (WTG), Who's That Grillin' Guy, and The Poppies. Today I'm showing the card I made with the Who's That Grillin' Guy set. I got to post it at the release party last night--how stinkin' cool is that!? I feel like Cinderella at the ball!!!

OK, OK, on to the card. My base card is 5 1/4" square Whisper White with layers of Basic Black, Riding Hood Red, and DP from Crafty Secrets' Earthy pad. The next element is more of the same, different DP, with a bandanna print ribbon tied around. The focal image was stamped on a MFT Perfect Paper Panel with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic markers (see below)--except the apron, which was paper pieced. All the food items were stamped, cut out, and popped up on bits of 3M foam squares (if you look closely at the grill, you'll see I have some glowing charcoal going on and I used a silver pen on the spatula blade ;-)) and was matted on Riding Hood Red and Basic Black. All layer edges were distressed with a distressing tool and then stitched around with my sewing machine. Black flat metal dots add some balance and accent to the corners. Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has done for these new releases. They are awesome!!

Amy
Candice
Carole
Christina
Cindy
Frances
Jessie
Joanne
Jody
Kathy
Kirsten
Michele
Natalie
Paula
Susan

I'm so glad you dropped in today--be sure to stop back tomorrow for another new release card!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Who's That Grillin' Guy (MFT)
Paper: Whisper White, Riding Hood Red, Basic Black (SU!); Perfect Paper Panel (MFT); Earthy (Crafty Secrets)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: 3M foam squares, ribbon, metal dots (craft store); Copic markers; paper distressing tool (Tim Holtz); sewing machine

12 comments:

  1. congratulations to you & Kathy! Y'all ROCKED the contest for sure! love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! MFT is so very lucky to have you! Your Idol projects were sensational!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, we're SO EXCITED to have you on the team! You worked SO HARD week after week. I'm so in awe of you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Welcome to the team! :) We're so happy to have you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is just great! I love the ribbon and your design is perfect! Congratulations on your DT post...it is certainly well deserved! I'm so proud of my CTD sista...sniff...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Barbara! You SO!!! deserve this good news. I thought your work in the MFT contest was totally inspired! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your work was/is AMAZING! so excited to have you on the team

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go girl!!! I follow your blog everyday. Congrats!!! I can't wait to see all of the creationos you will be posting for our enjoyment. Thanks for being a blessing to the papercrafting world!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun card. Congrats on the MFT DT spot, they are gonna love your work for them and you so deserve it after all the design stuff you did. Just awesome work....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Barbara, I am so happy! It doesn't seem that long ago I found your blog and was upset because no one was commenting on your wonderful creations! And now you are famous!!!I cannot wait to see what wonderful things you have in store for us! Both your picnic cards are just so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You SHOULD feel like Cinderella, and they're lucky to have you! Fabulous card! LOVE all your little details!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...