Friday, June 05, 2009

Let's Picnic

Good morning! I'm still on Cloud 9, as I'm sure you can imagine, LOL! So, I have another card today from the new release Let's Picnic. Who's That Girl is so easy to paper piece and this one is no exception. Don't you just love the way she's sitting on that blanket?? Looks like she's ready to have a peaceful day in the country. Too adorable!!!

My base card is Very Vanilla with layers of Creamy Caramel, Tempting Turquoise, and DP arranged in panels with a turquoise satin ribbon tied around. I don't know where I got this paper so I can't tell you--sorry!! The focal image was stamped on a MFT's Perfect Paper Panel with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored with Copic markers (see below). Then it was matted with Tempting Turquoise and Creamy Caramel and popped up on 3M foam squares. The picnic items were also colored with Copics, cut out, and popped up on bits of foam squares for dimension. The blanket, WTG's dress, and her left arm were paper pieced. The sentiment is from the same set and was stamped on Very Vanilla with Tuxedo Rich Cocoa ink, cut/embossed with a Spellbinders tag die, and tied on to the ribbon with DMC Perle cotton. The only thing left was to add some Dew Drops for balance and it was done! What a fun image to work with!!! Hop on over to My Favorite Things and check out all the Brand Spankin' New goodies--you won't want to miss them!

I'm so glad you dropped in today!!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Let's Picnic (MFT)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Tempting Turquoise, and Creamy Caramel (SU!); Unknown DP
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Spellbinders tag die; 3M foam squares, ribbon, DMC Perle cotton (craft store); Copic markers; Dew Drops

3 comments:

  1. Great summer card, I like the dp and your ribbon you used. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Barbara. Love the colors. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That paper is awesome on her dress! Fantastic card, Bar!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...