Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sketches! {by Tamara} #99


It's time for another Sketches! {by Tamara} challenge and here's the sketch:


This was a nice sketch to work with--I can see it being used over and over. My base card is Whisper White with layers of Kiwi Kiss, Caribbean Blue (by Creative Memories), Yoyo Yellow, and DP from the Citrus Mat Pack by DCWV. The focal image is by Karen Lockhart and was stamped on Gina K. Pure Luxury 80lb paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic markers (see below). It was cut/embossed with a Petite Oval Nestabilities die and matted with Yoyo Yellow, Caribbean Blue (CM), and Kiwi Kiss then popped up on 3M foam squares. The sentiment is from a hostess set called Sweet Little Sentiments and was stamped on Whisper White with Tuxedo Black in and punched out with the Word Window punch. Then it was layered on all three colors of cardstock which were cut/embossed with Spellbinders label dies. I added a button to each end and popped it up on foam squares. A turquoise striped ribbon was all it needed to finish it off, I think.

Don't forget to check out the sketch at the Sketches! {by Tamara} blog and give it a try--we'd love to see what you come up with!

And be sure to check out the other team members' cards:
Alexandra--California Stampin'
Becky--Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun, Fun, Fun
Carol--Carol's Paperplayce
Jo--Here I Go Again
Krista--Krista be cardin'
Marley--Marley Blog
Olena--From My Hands...To Your Heart
Riley--Stampin' and Dancin' With Riley
Suzanne--Stamp In Style and Cut It Cute
Sylvia--Sylvia's Stamping Place
Tricia--Tricia's Treasures

I'm so glad you dropped by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Lemons (Lockhart)
Paper: Whisper White, Kiwi Kiss, Yoyo Yellow (SU!); Caribbean Blue (Creative Memories); Citrus Mat Pack(DCWV)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities dies/Label dies; 3M foam squares, ribbon (craft store); Word Window punch (SU!); Copic markers; buttons (my stash)

7 comments:

  1. Love this, Barbara! Fun, lemon-y colors and I like the buttons around the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the colors and that stamp! The DCWV paper goes perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh great dp for this lemon image, I like the sketch! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! Love the dp with the lemon image...really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice sketch, and of course, that image is so lemony fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I truly love this, Barbara! The colors are great and I love everything about this card. Great work - as always :)
    *smiles* Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. And how shimmery and glittery is that paper---I took a second look---I want some, I need a trip to Michaels NOW!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...