Saturday, June 13, 2009

You Deserve a Break--MFTSC #85


Today I'm showing you a card using My Favorite Things' Sketch Challenge for this week. You can read about it and our other challenge for this week, My Favorite Challenge here. We'd love for you to come on over and join in--there's a prize for a lucky winner each week for each challenge.

My base card is Whisper White with layers of Chocolate Chip, Pretty In Pink, and DP from My Favorite Things' Chocolate Kiss paper by Stephanie Fizer. I think all the elements are pretty self-explanatory. The focal image is from My Favorite Things' Girls Day In set. I stamped it with Memento Rich Cocoa on DP and then again on a Perfect Paper Panel. It was mostly paper pieced with a little coloring with Copic markers. Then I popped it up on 3M foam squares on a Pretty In Pink layer cut/embossed with Nestabilities Label Four die and a layer cut with more DP. The sentiment was stamped on Whisper White with Memento Rich Cocoa ink, cut/embossed with a small Labels Four die and popped up on foam squares. The nail polish was colored with Copic markers and is also up on foam squares. I added a few rhinestones from the Chocolate Kiss May VIP package to the punched border and a couple at the top to finish it off.

I'm so glad you dropped by today. Don't forget to check out the challenges.

~Recipe~
Stamps: Girls Day In (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Whisper White, Pretty In Pink, Chocolate Chip (SU!); Chocolate Kiss DP (Stephanie Fizer for My Favorite Things)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities Label Four dies; 3M foam squares, ribbon (craft store); Copic markers; border punch (Martha Stewart); rhinestones (My Favorite Things)

2 comments:

  1. So fun, great layout and papers. Any girlfriend would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun layout, and great colors, Bar! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...