Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Baby Bump Blocks - My Favorite Things April Blog Hop

It's time! Time to hop around the block with My Favorite Things' April Hop and Shop!! If you got here from Kim's blog, you're right on track. If not, back up to it and then come back here.

You back? OK, let's get hoppin'!

Have you just been loving all the teasers this month? Oh, yeah, baby! And speaking of baby, have I got a baby project for you! I've had this idea of baby blocks for months. MONTHS, I tell you! I just never got around to it, and I'm glad I didn't 'cause this is the perfect opportunity!

I got these 3.5" square hollow wooden blocks at Michaels and painted them blue with craft paint. I wanted to do an animal scene on each side with the corresponding Bling 'Bet letter for each animal (the rest of each word is computer generated). First, I sort of planned in my head what I wanted and got busy stamping animals. Then I colored/paper pieced/cut out/punched out lots of stuff for my scenes. I laid each scene out and then added as needed to complete each one.This is one side of the blocks and the card, using April's Who's That Girl set, Baby Bump (available now in the store). Isn't she just so special?! I'm using MFT's Fossil note cards and Fossil card stock along with Sour Apple card stock and with One Sheet Wonder card stock for the colored images. I'm also using Spring and Summer button collections and Spring collection Glittered Garnishes.

Here's a close up of the card:



Close up of one side of the blocks. For these scenes I used: Punny Farm, It's a Jungle Out There, Love Birds, Spring Sprouts, and Grow Love--Plant a Tree (out of stock).



Side two, using Love At First Sight, It's a Jungle Out There, Grow Love--Plant a Tree, Spring Sprouts, and Punny Farm. A couple of letters get a bonus animal--"M" is one.



Side three, using Punny Farm, Spring Sprouts, Grow Love--Plant a Tree, and What's Crackin'? "C" is another bonus letter :)



Side four, using Punny Farm, Spring Sprouts, Grow Love--Plant a Tree, It's a Jungle Out There, and Thinking of Hoo?



And, finally, the top, using Grow Love--Plant a Tree, Spring Sprouts, and another new set, Clearly Sentimental About Babies the Triple Scoop set for April.


Another Clearly Sentimental About Babies sentiment on the inside of the card:


This set of blocks and the card was SO much fun to make! It's a gift for a friend and I hope she loves it as much as I do!

Thanks for stopping by! Now you need to head on over to Joanne's blog to see what she has for you--I'd be willing to bet it's going to be fabulous! And remember--there's blog candy somewhere along the hop--you might want to leave a comment at every stop just to be sure. Know what I mean? :)

I used a TON of Copic markers on the block images and I'm sorry, I didn't keep track of them. Here's what I used on the card.


~Supplies~
Stamps:
Baby Bump, Clearly Sentimental About Babies, It's a Jungle Out There, Punny Farm, What's Crackin'?, Spring Sprouts, Love At First Sight, Bling 'Bet; Love Birds, Grow Love--Plant a Tree, Thinking of Hoo (MFT)

Paper:
Perfect Paper Panels, Fossil, Sour Apple, Fossil scalloped note card (MFT); Orchid Opulence (SU!); Snuggle Bug mat pad (K & Co.)

Ink:
Memento Rich Cocoa; printer ink

Accessories:
Spring and Summer collection buttons, Spring Collection Glittered Garnishes (MFT); ribbon, Pearl cotton, 3.5" square hollow wooden blocks (craft store); grass and fence border punches and Christmas Star, bird, and 1" circle punches (Martha Stewart); large scallop border punch (EK Success); Copic markers; butterfly punch (Paper Studio); Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Petite Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Polar White Flower Soft; Folk Art craft paint in Sky Blue


60 comments:

  1. O!M!G!!!!!!! Barbara you SO totally OVER THE TOPPED this one!!!! You ALWAYS amaze me and just when I think you cant beat the last one along comes the next one!!! LOL

    LOVE THIS and your Friend will DEFINATELY LOVE IT TOO!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blocks are just adorable! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouuuuuuuu! The work and workwomanship. ;o) This is outrageously stunning and so inspirational. GENIUS! LOVE the fresh colours & all the sweet details, madly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the card and the baby blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Barb your project (baby card and blocks)is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really amazing Barbara! All the details and creativity! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE THE BLOCKS!!! We have a family friend who is pregnant after years of trying and I think I know exactly what to make her now! I'm pretty sure I have some of those blocks laying around, too.

    So glad I hopped over for the first time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! Look at you!! The blocks are FAB!!! and the card is super cute!!
    jennik

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those blocks are adorable the so is the card. Makes me wish I had a little one to do those blocks for......

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those blocks! What a labor of love...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Your friend is going to love it! You did such a fantastic job! The card is awesome and I absolutely love those blocks!
    --Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really so awesome! You did such a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These blocks, the stamp, the card - soo awesome! I love every bit of this post

    ReplyDelete
  14. So unbelievably cute. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! These are so totally amazing! WOW!!! Love the card, and those blocks are just out of this world!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG Barb this is absolutely amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cool. Love all the bright colors on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH MY!!! What an adorable idea and your execution is just perfection!!! LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wowzer, Lots of work and they turned out fabulous!!! Im sure they will be really appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are incredible!!! What a TON of work and you rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. holy cow!!! what a labor of love!!! love it, ALL of it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOWWWW, girl, what an awesome project! The blocks are AMAZING with all those different characters...tooooo cool! The card is amazing too....I just LOVE the colors/papers you picked. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am actually speechless and that doesn't happen often! Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my gosh! This is AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What an adorable set!! You did a wonderful job!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my gosh! How very clever and creative! Those blocks are magnificient, Barbara! Wow! I ADORE them! Super cute card too!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow!! Those blocks look AMAZING!! You're altered projects always blow me away.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I slept thru my alarm last night! The perils of living overseas! Hope I'm not too late for the blog hopping! Oh well, I'll still post anyway ;) Love your blocks!! Of course the card is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. WOW, Barbara you out did yourself here! These blocks are just AMAZING! Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  30. My friend, you just totally raised the bar!!!! This project is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. this is incredible, did you take time out to breathe? what a labor of love, someone is going to be very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Those blocks are INCREDIBLE! I can't imagine the time that took. I wish I was your friend having the baby :) Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Looks like this set is going on my wish list. Love the card with all the "baby" colors. The blocks are over the top cute. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ooooooo....I just LOVE these blocks!! So creative! And the card is stunning!! GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Bar, this is absolutely the most fabulous thing you have created! Incredible design elements, and just over-the-top amazing!!! You ROCKED it, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  36. oh WOW WOW!!! these are just fabulous!you always do such amazing work- these are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. OH MY GOSH BARBARA! These are AMAZING! They must have taken you such a long time, but they look GREAT! I am sure they will be treasured for a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is over the top amazing. Who would've thought about this?!?! INSANE!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  39. WHEEEE, some babies gonna love you! Way Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Very cool project, Barbara! What a great way to highlight all these images and that sweet alphabet!

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is such an incredible project! What an amazing gift this would be for a new mom.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh those blocks are totally adorable! Another fabulous release project Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Unbelievable, Barbara! Over the top incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. How adorable! These would be so cute in a baby's room. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I just love your work. I follow your blog all the time. Your blocks are the perfect baby gift. They look like you put alot of work and time into them. Great Job.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wow! You did such a fantastic job! This is really amazing! All the details. Beautiful work! The card is awesome and I absolutely love those blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow! The blocks are fabulous! You were certainly inspired by something -- the scenes are wow!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Barbara I don't even know what to say. Those blocks are just amazing!
    Blown away here...

    ReplyDelete
  49. Oh my... this is darling and awesome detail work! Simply awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  50. those boxes are such a great idea :) I love the colors in our card, such a happy card :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. wow what a wonderful set, the work involved looks daunting, but sooo worth it! AWESOME job :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  52. love the wonderful card and the baby blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Wow those blocks are beautiful the card is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  54. OMG Barbara! Those are just the most adorable blocks! So creative and SO detailed! Fabulous card too! Fabulous ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Wow! Those blocks are so cute! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  56. I am truly blown away! Love the blocks and card! Truly amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...