Friday, April 23, 2010

Birthday Princess - Stamp Simply #136

It's time for another Stamp Simply challenge! This week, Sharon has us doing a fancy fold card--a joy fold. I'd never done one of these and it was fun! Here's what she says:

Friday, April 23 - ssnotime136 - JOY FOLD CARD -- This fold for a card is just plain old FUN to do -- and super easy peasy lemon squeezy, as they say!!! It's kind of a little card on top of a larger card, backwards - LOL!!! Check out all the DT girls creations OR you can follow this tutorial written by Beate at SCS. We're sure to see a lot of fun results with this one!!!


For my card, I followed Beate's instructions, including measurements, I just flipped it :) I stamped my little Birthday Princess Pure Innocence on a Perfect Paper Panel with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored her with Copic markers, shaded with a Prismacolor pencil, and paper pieced her dress. You can't really tell, but I added some Liquid Applique to the frosting on her little cake. Then I cut it out with a Petite Oval Nestabilities die and sponged around with Creamy Caramel ink and a little Vintage Touch on the edges. I stamped the crown a second time, cut it out, ran it through my little Xyron X sticker maker and sprinkled it with pink Glitzy Glitter. Then I tied a moire ribbon around in a bow and added the sentiment, which is also the "catch" to keep the card closed.

Here's a side view to show all the layers and dimension.
And the inside. It was really hard to get this view--it was too tall to stand up in my light box but I think you can get the idea.

So, now it's your turn. Come along and play and take us up on the challenge--we'd love to see what you come up with. If you do, be sure to leave the link to your project on Sharon's blog using Mr. Linky. Please use the keyword ssnotime136 if you upload to a public forum. And don't forget to check out Sharon's fabulous sample and also the great designs from the Stamp Simply team and leave 'em some love!

Teresa Kline - April Guest Designer

Jennifer Buck--sitting out this week

Barb Schram

Janine Orchard

A J Otto

Tammy Hershberger--taking the rest of April off

Deb Saarenen

Jenny Gropp--sitting this week out

Deb Neerman

Thanks for dropping in! I always love it when you do!



~Supplies~
Stamps: Birthday Princess Pure Innocence (MFT)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Kiwi Kiss (SU!); Perfect Paper Panels (MFT); Ducks In a Row 8 x 8 pad (October Afternoon)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa; Creamy Caramel (SU!); Vintage Touch (PTI)
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Petite Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinder); 3M foam squares, ribbon (craft store); Copic markers; Liquid Applique; Glitzy Glitter (MFT); 1", 1 1/4" and Word Window punches (SU!); sewing machine; Xyron X sticker maker


20 comments:

  1. This is just adorable!!! What a cute image and I like how you paired up those patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigosh, toooo cute! Love the paper-pieced dress and her darling l'il glittery crown. And that OA DP is perfect. Another fabulous creation!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card Barb! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is the cutest little princess I've ever seen! LOVE her crown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is adorable! I love her glittery crown! Your coloring is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just DARLING!! I love your colored image and you have such a talent for mixing patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! I love all the layers and beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen this before..Clever! Her dress is adorable, and the glitter...so pretty Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! The pink polka dot paper is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. VERY cute! LOVE those papers, especially her dress and the way you added the stripes on the circle/sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is sooo cute! I love her crown, and that paper is so yummy! FANTASTIC

    ReplyDelete
  12. How sweet is this!!? Love it and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that princess is so cute! I love her sparkly crown and the card design/fold is so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute - I'm going to have to try one of these! I just love your cards - Always so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So, so sweet Barb! I LOVE these little gals...gonna have to check them out! Just a fantastic design around her!

    ReplyDelete
  16. cute card. Love the colors, so playful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous coloring, love all the sparkle on the crown, and what an AWESOME bow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your card! The colors are great. The little birthday princess is adorable. And the fancy fold is creative!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG, how super cute! Love your unique card design, the fresh patterned papers and how you paper pieced the sweet girl's dress! SO adorable :]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...