Monday, April 19, 2010

Celebrate Life

Several weeks ago, I played Taylor's sketch challenge and was lucky enough to be one of her Top Crop picks on a week that she was giving away a prize: a free stamp set! Woohoo, right?! So, I got to choose which set I wanted and I picked Discover Your Wings, which I'm using for Taylor's Sketch #109 this week. Thank you, Taylor!!!!!!!!!!

This is a large card--5 1/2" x 8 1/2" because I couldn't get everything on a smaller card, LOL. These images are large--I didn't even use half of the flower image. I stamped the flower image on Rustic White card stock in Dark Chocolate ink, added some buttons tied on with twine, then cut it out with a Classic Circle Nestabilities die and layered it with Dark Chocolate. I stamped the dragonfly and butterfly on Rustic White as well, the dragonfly with SU! Baja Breeze and the butterfly with Memento Pear Tart, then spritzed them with Glimmer Mist in matching colors (I got more on me than I did on the little critters, LOL!). Then I cut them out, added some buttons, and popped them up on Pop Dots. I positioned the little circle image in the patterned paper (Garden Gala from Websters Pages) as the third element of the sketch--it says "Celebrate Life". I think the rest is pretty self-explanatory. I really love this set--thank you again, Taylor!

Thanks for dropping by today!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Discover Your Wings (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Rustic White, Dark Chocolate (PTI); Garden Gala (Websters Pages)
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Vintage Touch (PTI); baja Breeze (SU!); Pear Tart (Memento)
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Classic Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders); lace, ribbon (craft store); Vintage Buttons, Rustic Twine (PTI); sewing machine


18 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card, Barbara. I'm always a sucker for lime and turquoise together. Add in a little chocolate and cream and I'm in heaven! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Barbara! Really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card! I love the color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO beautiful!! I really love that stamp set, lucky you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a lot of great elements on this page! Super job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara, I am loving your designs. Lots of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grogeous!!! I love everything you created Barbara!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous, Bar! And congrats on the win ... what a fabulous prize!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty!! I love that bow and lace!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!! You picked one of my all time fave's from Taylor and you made such a beautiful card with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhhhhhhhh, GORGEOUS bright colors and I love how you did the ribbon and lace!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many beautiful details! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is awesome, Bar! Great use of a sketch that has me completely intimidated!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome my friend, totally awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is just stunning! So many beautiful details on this card. And thank you so much for your daily nature quotes--I really enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I love it! The bright turquoise and lime are such a pretty combination and I love the vintage feel of the card with that beautiful patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...