Saturday, April 03, 2010

Clearly Sentimental About Birthdays - My Favorite Things Teaser, Day One

[If you're looking for my Crazy 4 Challenges card, please scroll down to the next post. Thanks!]

Let the sneaks begin! Are you ready for a look at the April releases? I thought so ;-) My card for you today is using Clearly Sentimental About Birthdays. You may remember it was last month's Triple Scoop set. As I may have mentioned before, I love sentiments that can act as focal images and this Clearly Sentimental line at My Favorite Things is a champ at that!

I've been playing with Distress Inks again and inked up another label on which I stamped the sentiment. I sponged on several colors that blended with my patterned paper--Life's Portrait by Webster's Pages, spritzed it with water, dried it with my heat tool, and stamped the sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black. A sheer ribbon, some black crystals, and some tiny Prima roses finished the card off. I love the Shabby Chic romantic look.

Here's the inside:


To see more DT offerings, be sure to hit Kim's blog at 11:00am today. She'll have links to everyone with something to share :) And don't forget: the release party is Wednesday night from 8:00pm to 10:00pm in the MFT Company Forum over at SCS. Then the Shop and Hop starts at 10:00pm. Don't miss it! OH! And be sure to check the MFT Company Forum at SCS today to see what the Guest Designer Challenge for this month is.

Thanks for stopping by today!! See you back tomorrow for another sneak!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Clearly Sentimental About Birthdays (MFT)
Paper: Basic Black, Blush Blossom (SU!); Life's Portrait (Websters Pages); shipping label (Office Max)
Ink: Distress Inks in Peeled Paint, Faded Jeans, and Tattered Rose (Ranger); Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: ribbon, crystals (craft store); Prima flowers


16 comments:

  1. Now this is really elegant! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Barbara! Love your new banner, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Bar!! This has so much impact and is so soft at the same time!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite quotes (come grow old with me...) Nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty ribbon, paper and rhinestones! Very elegant! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I love the little flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, Barbara! Wonderful colors and detailing! LOVE the webster pages! Did you stamp a larger scripty font on the lower left side? I have that paper and I do not recall that scripty font. LOVE that! Beautifully done...inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, so here is teh card!!!! LOVE IT STILL!!!! :)

    I am missing that Air Freshener Tree Barbara!!!! But the new header looks GREAT and SUMMERY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. don't know why I haven'be been around lately but it seems like forever since I've visited your blog, I saw a PI card on Crazy and wanted to leave some love for it but don't see it here. I loved the papers and ribbon you used.
    lots of other really nice work posted here. you always impress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Barbara! It's so elegant and simple! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. *thud!* Jaw-dropping GORGEOUS! LOVE what you did with the inks to match the paper!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...