Monday, April 12, 2010

Congrats - YOU DID IT!


'Member last week I said I needed a girlie graduation card? Well, actually, I need two. This will be one of them. One of my co-workers is a Nurses Aide and is just about to finish nursing school. It's been really tough for her but she's worked so hard and deserves a lot of credit. I need one card for the entire staff to sign and, since she's become a friend, one from me personally. I think I'll make another cutesy one for the staff and this one will be from me.

If I didn't have so many layers, this could pass for CAS, LOL. I used four stamp sets on this card and can I say I love it?! First, I stamped two images from PTI's Background Basics: Tin Types with Spring Moss and Hibiscus Burst on the Vintage Cream card stock layer. On the top, I used Background Basics: Text Style II stamping only with Spring Moss. I layered that on Hibiscus Burst and Dark Chocolate, then added some Dark Chocolate grosgrain ribbon (it looks black on my monitor but I promise it's brown) and the sentiment, from Signature Greetings, in Dark Chocolate. I stamped the large dahlia and some leaves from Delightful Dahlia on a Perfect Paper Panel with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored it with Copic markers. I don't have the dahlia die, so I cut it and the leaves out by hand and popped them up on 3M foam squares. Last, I rounded all the bottom corners and attached everything to a Vintage Cream card base.

Thanks so much for dropping by today. Tomorrow, I'll have a brand new Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge post for you. It's a really fun one this week and something I'd never done before. So be sure to check back!


~Supplies~
Stamps: Delightful Dahlia, Background Basics: Tin Types, Background Basics: Text Style II; Signature Greetings (PTI)
Paper: Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate, Hibiscus Burst (PTI)
Ink: Spring Moss, Dark Chocolate, Hibiscus Burst (PTI)
Accessories: 3M foam squares (craft store); ribbon (PTI); Copic markers; Corner Chomper (We R Memory Makers)


32 comments:

  1. This is stunning Barbara! Now I know the next copic combo to buy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! She will love it and the staff should be so happy to have you make a beautiful card like this for them to sign.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, this is gorgeous! You do such wonderful work with your Copics! I'm floored. Love the mixture of backgrounds as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW Barbara! I really love this card! What a great mix of stamps! And your coloring is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know when you have a new post I am going to think ..... OH MY ...... AMAZING and today is no different. This is really beautiful!!! And let me just say that I cannot cut the Dahlia with a white edge to save my life I thought for sure you had the die ....... LOVE IT and the young lady who is on the receiving end will see how much love you put into the card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so that isn't DP??? Is that what the Tin Types and Basic Backgrounds are?? The diamond/dottie and the words? Well, I thought it was DP!!!! If that is a stamp and you matched it up THAT good, HOLY COW!!!!! LOL

    This card is gorgeous and Congrats to your friend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Barbara. The tin types BG stamps look really great together...I haven't seen that before. Adds lots of subtle interest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbara, I absolutely love this card, everything about it! Really, really pretty card...<3

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is STUNNING!! Love the touch of black....so elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Your shading on the flower is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the coloring on your flower and the black really sets it off beautifully!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Barbara! This could be one my favorites from you! Love that you layered a few background stamps!!!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfection!!! And that's all I'm sayin' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful card...love your coloring of that Dahlia!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely, lovely card Barbara! Im sure your friend will be thrilled with all the work and thought you put into it. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is beautiful! You did a fantastic job on the coloring! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous background!! LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job, Your coloring is wonderful! I have been working on coloring this flower the last couple of days too. Do you have any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous!! Love your background stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is stunning, Barbara! Beautiful colors and design! I OWN this flower and I have yet to ink it up! Geez! Just the inspiration I needed, girl! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous Barbara. Dang I wish I had that PTI flower set. That's just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your coloring is absolutely fabulous with those copics!! This card is just so soft and subtle and screams "girl"!! I can not believe you cut that dahlia out like you did....it is PERFECT! No way I could have done that!

    ReplyDelete
  23. DROP DEAD GORGEOUS CAS CARD!!! I'M LOVIN' THIS ONE!!! HUGS ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  24. You've picked great elements from multiple sets to create a wonderful card. She's just gonna love it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is simply amazing! It took my breath away! Sure wish I was the one graduating and it was coming my way!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a beautiful card, Barbara, and perfect for the occasion. The coloring is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful combination of stamps. They work wonderfully together. It's BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very pretty card! Very elegant and classy. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gasp, sigh, breathe - this is totally and completely GORGEOUS. I would LOVE to be on the receiving end of such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...