Friday, April 09, 2010

Fred Bear Graduates - Stamp Simply #134

Oh, my goodness how time is flying!! I was reminding of just how fast by Sharon's challenge for this week. Here's what she says:

Friday April 9 - ssnotime134 - GRADUATION or YEAR END TREATS -- As our youngest son graduates from high school this year, I'll be needing to make a ton of graduation cards. With that in mind, today's challenge is to make a graduation card. HOWEVER, I realize not everyone will need a grad card this year, so the ALTERNATE challenge is to make something to be used at the end of the school year -- a note of thanks or treat for teacher or even treats for the kids on the last day of school. NO students or teachers in your life? Then make a card of congratulations or well wishes to someone ending or entering a new phase of their life -- new job, retirement, move, etc. We are easy here -- LOL!!! Just have fun!!!

So, I have one person for whom I need a graduation card--but it's a girl. Too bad the card I made for the challenge is pretty definitely a "guy" graduation card, LOL. I guess I'll have to make another one for the girl ;-)

It's a guy card 'cause I'm using a My Favorite Things new release called Fred Bear Graduates. And Fred just says "guy" to me.

I stamped Fred on One Sheet Wonder with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored him with my Prismacolor pencils. (Told ya, LOL.) My pencil coloring needs work but practice makes perfect, right? But even so, my blues match better IRL than they're showing up on my monitor. Then I cut/embossed with a Deckled Edge Nestabilities die and popped him up on foam squares. I did a lot of sponging with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink, including one side of the 3/8" twill. I used Faded Jeans on the other side so that when tied in a knot, both colors show. A few brads and the sentiment finished it off. I don't need a guy graduation card, but I'll bet someone I know will :)

Here's the inside:


So, now it's your turn. Come along and play and take us up on the challenge--we'd love to see what you come up with. If you do, be sure to leave the link to your project on Sharon's blog using Mr. Linky. Please use the keyword ssnotime134 if you upload to a public forum. And don't forget to check out Sharon's fabulous sample and also the great designs from the Stamp Simply team and leave 'em some love!

Teresa Kline - April Guest Designer

Jennifer Buck--taking this week off

Barb Schram

Janine Orchard

A J Otto

Tammy Hershberger--taking the rest of April off

Deb Saarenen

Jenny Gropp

Deb Neerman

Thanks for dropping in! I always love it when you do!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Fred Bear Graduates (MFT)

Paper: Dark Chocolate (PTI); One Sheet Wonder (MFT); Homeroom 8 x 8 pad (TPC Studio)

Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa; Brushed Corduroy and Faded Jeans Distress Ink (Ranger)

Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Deckled Edge Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders); brads 3M foam squares (craft store); 3/8" twill; Prismacolor pencils, OMS, blending stumps; sewing machine


14 comments:

  1. Wonderful, Barbara! The DP paper is so fun and just perfect for this bear grad! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just adorable! Your coloring is terrific ... and I love that neat ribbon treatment; very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so very adorable, great job...making another ain't so bad, that's what we do.....lol!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pencil coloring needs work??????? Where???? All I see is FABULOUS coloring, and am awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card, Barbara!!!
    Nice coloring job, as usual!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Color him pink and add some sparkles and he can become Frederica! LOL!!! This is just darling!!! Fun image and a great grad card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I need some of these. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab design Barbara! Love this cute guy, and fantastic design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool card Barbara. Save that card for the future. KJ's son will graduate sometime in the next couple of years. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fred bear is a cutie patootie. Adorable card. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is too cute, Barbara! Fantastic coloring and design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...