Saturday, April 24, 2010

Live, laugh, love - Crazy 4 Challenges #34

Happy Saturday!!! Today's the day I get to go to that Victorian tea room--can't wait to see if it lives up to my fantasy, LOL! But first, I have a really FUN Crazy 4 Challenges challenge for you. Lynda's our host this week and her challenge is to CASE one of the DT's cards! Crazy fun, right?

Our sponsor again for today is Paper Romance. Head on over to the C4C blog for all the deets.


Now, on to my card. I decided to make it easy on you--CAS. I stamped my "patterned" paper but if you choose to CASE me you don't have to do that--feel free to use any patterned paper that you have. Please keep it CAS, but other than that let your creativity flow!

My base card is PTI Hawaiian Shores. The stamped paper is Kraft, on which I first stamped the grid from Guide Lines Two with Dark Chocolate ink stamped off twice. I could barely see it, which was exactly what I wanted. Then I stamped the two different motifs in Aqua Mist (yes, that's right--it shows up darker on Kraft than it would on lighter paper) and Dark Chocolate, stamped off once. The rest is pretty simple--sentiment, from the 2009 anniversary set, Round & Round, was stamped with Dark Chocolate, then some simple piercing, and 3/4" twill tied in a bow with a button and twine to dress it up a bit.

NOW, be sure to check out the samples by the rest of my crazy girls...er, I mean the Crazy 4 Challenges team ;-)
THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C34.

Thanks so much for dropping in today! Can't wait to see what you do with this week's challenge!

~Supplies~
Stamps:
Guidelines II, Round & Round (PTI)

Paper:
Hawaiian Shores, Kraft (PTI)

Ink:
Aqua Mist, Dark Chocolate (PTI)

Accessories:
twill tape; Vintage Button and Rustic Twine (PTI); paper piercer (Ornare); mat and template; Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)


27 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous! I love the colors you chose and the guide lines paper you created! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card....I think i will be CASEing it.... :)

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply Perfect!! Love it all!!

    HUGS - LORi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Barbara! I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is very pretty Barbara, I love the colors and the bow... Beautiful. Hugs Silke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you KNOW I love CAS! I love the unusual colors you used here! Can't wait to play!

    ReplyDelete
  7. bold and dramatic as well as fabulously CAS

    ReplyDelete
  8. So elegant, Barbara!!! Beautifully done...as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card.! So simple and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Barbara, this is fantastic. I need to pull out my guidelines and learn how to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous Barbara! Love the colors. That beautiful button is the perfect touch to tie it together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Barbara, that cream twill is gawjus! And the stamped BG looks so professional! So pretty.
    Where do you live? We have the Victorian Tea Room here in Buffalo too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Lord Bar this is beautiful!!!! PERFECT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is so stunning, barb! love the colors, and your design is flawless!

    ReplyDelete
  16. FAB case card Barbara!!! I think I have to break out my PTI set and case you :)!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your colors look great together. I really like that bow. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is absolutely beautiful Barb! LOVE the colors!! I am definitely going to CASE your layout ~ LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mmmm, so pretty! Love the stamped background you created and the beautiful color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty card! Love the colors and the guidelines background! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like this card. I cased it for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your gorgeous background stamping....and that Hawaiian Shores is one of my favorite new colors.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous! I love the colors... the chocolate almost looks like burgundy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...