Sunday, April 11, 2010

You are a peach!


I felt like a little CAS today so I got out my PTI Beautiful Blooms II set and dies to make a sweet little card. I love this set 'cause I can use those big honkin' buttons. Well, that's just one reason :) First, I stamped an image from Turning a New Leaf on a Kraft card base with Ripe Avocado ink. I actually added an extra set of leaves to sort of fill in that upper left corner a bit since it look nekkid without it ;-) Then I wrapped a Melon Berry grosgrain ribbon around. I stamped the sentiment from Signature Greetings on a piece of Rustic White card stock with Dark Chocolate ink and cut/embossed it with a Labels Eight Nestabilities die. I left it in the die and sponged pretty heavily with Melon Berry ink. I die cut two flower shapes and stamped them with Melon Berry and Dark Chocolate ink and tied them together with a big ole' Melon Berry button, then added two leaves from Beautiful Blooms II that I stamped and cut out. I'm liking it :)

Thanks for dropping in today! Hope you're having a fantastic weekend!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Turning a New Leaf, Beautiful Blooms II; Signature Greetings (PTI)
Paper: Kraft, Rustic White (PTI)
Ink: Melon Berry, Dark Chocolate, Ripe Avocado (PTI)
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Labels Eight Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Beautiful Blooms II dies, Vintage Button, Rustic Twine, ribbon (PTI)


25 comments:

  1. Good Morning Barb! I can certainly see why you love this set! It's BEAUTIFUL! I just love that BIG honkin button as the center of your flower. ;) Have a great day! Smiles, Pam :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, this is very pretty. The first thing that caught my eye was the soft inking aroud the sentiment. Lovely! The leaves look yummy stamped on kraft with melon berry ribbon.
    Oh, and I LOVE your Nature quote of the day! Is there a way to follow your blog but not with FB?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm liking it too!!! :)

    Have a great Sunday...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning!! Love the colors and your layered flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful ......... your work is always so amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Barbara Im likin' it too! Love your layout and color combo. I want to get my MB grosgrain ribbon out and put it on some Kraft!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As soon as I saw this card I noticed the sponged panel and that big button! Great way to use those up (I've been making rings out of my big ones!) But overall, your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card Barbara! Love the leaves paired with BBII. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Barb, I love that big honkin button.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Barbara, this is simply beautiful. I love the softness of the entire card. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice job. I especially like the extra leaves you added too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you used the Turning a new leaf with the BBII!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Barbara this is great! I love the way you sponged the sentiment. It really caught my eye. I keep thinking I don't need Labels 8 and then I see cards like this that make me want it:) Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE this card!! LOVE the flower, the leaves, the sentiment, EVERYTHING! I feel a case coming on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so pretty! The colors are beautiful and the design is perfect! Makes me want to order BB2.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is BEAUTIFUL!!! I don't own Turning a New Leaf......YET!! Can't wait to get it! It looks fab with Beautiful Blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a pretty card! I like how you combined the leaf set with the beautiful blooms II set. The colors are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous!!.....and I *almost* put this set in my cart on my last PTI order just because of you. I love what you do with these leaf silhouettes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I must write down this great color combo. Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...