Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A Sunny Thank You–CTD #307

CTD307_2014aug27


Hey, there! And welcome to this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge! Monika has chosen the BEST end-of-summer colors based on her inspiration piece—just a perfect choice! And I could not resist being inspired by her photo as well as the colors.


swatch 307

Isn’t that gorgeous???? I do love me some Fall and this photo reminds me it’s not far away :)

I started with a Kraft Card Stock base, then added a layer of this burlap paper that I picked up a Michaels a while back. It’s real burlap with a paper backing so you can cut it and adhere it like paper—no twisting and out-of-shape burlap going on here.


CTD307_2014aug27paper

Here’s the paper backing.

CTD307_2014aug27paperback


It makes for a very smooth finish on a burlap panel.

CTD307_2014aug27b


So, with that in place, I proceeded to create my “sky” with water color paper and a water color wash using a Pacific Point re-inker and a water brush. I have a You Tube video showing how to do a water color wash if you want to take a look, HERE.

Once my sky panel was done, I cut it out with the wonky panel from Blueprints 15 Die-namics, tied around some hemp cord, and popped it up on foam on the burlap. I added a Leaf-Filled Flourish Die-namics, cut from Jellybean Green Card Stock and a Sunflower Die-namics cut from Lemon Drop Card Stock with a Chocolate Brown Card stock center. I sponged the edges of my sunflower with some Kraft Ink just for fun. I added some Cloud Cover-Up clouds, cut from Sweet Tooth card stock, stamped the sentiment, from LJD Beautiful Baby on a Pierced Traditional Tags STAX Die-namics with Chocolate Brown ink and tied it on with more hemp cord


CTD307_2014aug27c


On the inside, I stamped a sentiment from Chalkboard Greetings with Chocolate Brown ink.

CTD307_2014aug27in


And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD307 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week, including our awesome August guest designer, Jodi Collins, WHO, I might add, will be a full-fledged team member starting next week! We are so stinkin’ excited to have her joining the Color Throwdown team and I know you will be, too! She will bring her awesome style to the challenges and be a great inspiration to us all! Welcome to the team, Jodi!!

Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!)   
Broni Holcombe
Cindy Lawrence
Joan Ervin
Lori Tecler
Monika Davis
Tammy Hershberger
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Jodi Collins – August Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you again soon!


1CAS Supplies2





~Supplies~
Stamps:
LJD Beautiful Baby, Chalkboard Greetings (MFT)
Ink: Chocolate Brown Ink
, Kraft Ink (MFT); Pacific Point Reinker (SU!)
Paper:
Kraft Card Stock, Jellybean Green Card Stock, Sweet Tooth Card Stock, Lemon Drop Card Stock, Chocolate Brown Card Stock (MFT); water color paper (Ranger); burlap paper (DCWV)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Sunflower Die-namics, Leaf-Filled Flourish Die-namics, Pierced Traditional Tags STAX Die-namics, Cloud Cover-Up Die-namics, Blueprints 15 Die-namics, hemp cord (MFT); foam tape, hot glue, water brush


1CAS Signature2

6 comments:

  1. You are going to have all the crafters in the USA rushing to M's for that burlap paper, including me...this looks fabulous, Bar!!! Love your awesome flower, sky, and sketch, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Barb. Love the layered sunflower with the pretty blue sky. Those clouds are perfect... love the burlap... great, now I have to get that pack too. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that burlap base really makes the sky panel pop! LOVE the design and durn...I was just at M's on Monday but see another trip in my near future! Going to check out your sky watercolor tutorial now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Burlap paper?? Burlap paper!!!! I need to get some burlap paper! LOL! This is PERFECTION as usual my friend! Absolutely stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, these are fabulous end of summer colors. Wowsers, love the burlap background with your sunflower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Jodi....burlap paper!!! It looks fantastic!! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...