Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Trick or Treat–CTD #306

CTD306_2014aug20

Hey, everyone! It’s Color Throwdown time again! This week Cindy has a luscious color combo that I managed to use for a Halloween card. Sort of non-traditional but I think it works :)


swatch 306

I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, then did a watercolor wash on some more Sweet Tooth card stock. Before I did the wash, I partially stamped Cheesecloth Background with Sweet Tooth pigment ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder, then proceeded with my watercolor wash using Grape Jelly refill, Sour Apple refill, and Nightshift Blue refill. I also splattered on some refill mixed with MIX-ables Sheer Shimmer mist in the same colors.

Next I cut the frog from Witch Way Is the Candy? Die-namics from X-Press It Blending Card, stamped the corresponding image with Black Licorice hybrid ink, and colored it with Copic markers. I cut a Pierced Traditional Tags STAX Die-namics from Nightshift Blue card stock, stamped the sentiment, from Spooky Sentiments, with Sweet Tooth pigment ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder before popping it up on foam. I popped up the frog, added some green hemp twine, some sequins and clouds cut from Sweet Tooth card stock with Witch Way Is the Candy? Die-namics, and called it done!

On the inside I stamped the darling witch from Witch Way Is the Candy? and a sentiment from Spooky Sentiments with Black Licorice hybrid ink.


CTD306_2014aug20in


And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the
Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD306 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week, including our awesome August guest designer, Jodi Collins!

Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!)   
Broni Holcombe
Cindy Lawrence
Joan Ervin
Lori Tecler
Monika Davis
Tammy Hershberger
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Jodi Collins – August Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by today!


1CAS Supplies2



~Supplies~
Stamps:
Cheesecloth Background, Spooky Sentiments, Witch Way Is the Candy? (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink, Sweet Tooth pigment ink, Grape Jelly refill, Sour Apple refill, Nightshift blue refill (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Nightshift Blue card stock, X-Press It Blending Card (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Witch Way Is the Candy? Die-namics, Pierced Traditional Tags STAX Die-namics (MFT); Copic markers, sequins, green hemp, foam tape, white embossing powder, heat tool

1CAS Signature2

4 comments:

  1. Awesome Barbara I am loving all the water colouring you have been doing <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is as AWESOME as can be! I am OVER the moon over that background! LOVE this Rock Star!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! I love how you used the colors for a Halloween card Barb. I want to kiss that toad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toadaly awesome!! Someone had to say it....might as well be me :) should that be two d's!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...