Saturday, August 23, 2014

A Halloween Hello–Crazy 4 Challenges #250

C4C250_2014aug23

Hi, everyone, it’s Saturday so it’s Crazy 4 Challenges time! Today Helen is challenging us to use an animal on our card or project—any animal except a bear or a bunny—so I’m going with a cat, a black cat :)

My card started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, then I stamped up some patterned paper using Diagonal Stripes Background and Black Licorice ink and Orange Fizz ink. My MFT team mate Michele Boyer did the double color thing a while back and I couldn’t wait to try it out—love being able to add more than one color!! I cut that out with the larger angled panel from Blueprints 18 and set it aside. Next I cut a panel from Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth 110lb paper with Blueprints 15 Die-namics and stamped the two pumpkins and cat from Witch Way Is the Candy? with Black Licorice Hybrid ink, masking the cat. I colored the images with Copic markers and adhered it to my card base.

C4C250_2014aug23close

I added a strip of Black Licorice card stock to the stamped upper panel and tied around some black hemp and an Orange Fizz button. To keep the twine in place, I punched out a couple of notches on each side before tying it on.


C4C250_2014aug23cord


I popped that panel up on foam, stamped the sentiment, cut it in pieces, and popped it up as well.

C4C250_2014aug23angle


I stamped the cat again on the inside, along with a sentiment from Spooky Sentiments.

C4C250_2014aug23in


And that's it! Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has for you, including our August Guest Designer,
Donna Wright!

THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C250.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!


1CAS Supplies2





~Supplies~
Stamps:
Diagonal Stripes Background, Witch Way Is the Candy? (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice ink, Orange Fizz ink, Black Licorice hybrid ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock (MFT); Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth 110lb.
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Blueprints 15 Die-namics, Blueprints 18 Die-namics, Orange Fizz button (MFT); black cord, Copic markers, Eclipse masking tape

1CAS Signature2

4 comments:

  1. Adorable halloween card...love that little cat by Torico and great diagonal design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adorable!!! Love the layout and how you decorated with string and button!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card. I can not find a tutorial to the background with two colors. Can you send me a link to that?
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, thanks for you kind words! I wish I could help you but I didn't do a tutorial and I don't know of one. I just kind of eye-balled it on grid paper. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...