Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Spotlight Sentiments–MFT August Release Countdown, Day Seven

countdownday7a_2014aug6


Hello and welcome to the first day of MFT’s August Release Countdown! August—can it really BE August?? Yes, I do believe it can be. We’ve got some amazing products for you this month and we can’t wait to show them to you!! Today we’re previewing
Blueprints 18 Die-namics, Spotlight Sentiments stamp set, Stitchable Dot Circle STAX Die-namics, and a couple of products from a new illustrator, Trick or Treat Die-namics and Trick or Treat stamp set. Be sure to check out the MFT Blog for all the release details, including more info about the new illustrator. Mark your calendars: release is on Tuesday, August 12 at 10pm.

NewReleaseCountdown_Day7

I’ve got a couple of cards today using Spotlight Sentiments and one is using Blueprints 18 Die-namics, as well. The other one is also using more new products being released this month: Jumbo Polka Dot Stencil and Cheesecloth Background.

My first card starts with a Sweet Tooth card stock base. I added a strip of Grout Gray card stock at the bottom, on which I stamped one of the images from Spotlight Sentiments. See that one instance of the sentiment at the bottom? It’s a line drawing so it can be filled in. On this card, I filled it in with a glitter pen. Next I embossed some Sweet Tooth card stock with Jumbo Polka Dot Stencil and trimmed it down. I added a strip of Sweet Tooth card stock that I stamped with the single strip from Plaid Builder Background in Lemon Drop ink, Orange Fizz ink, and Razzle Berry ink along with a narrow strip of silver glitter paper. I popped it up on foam and added some stars cut from Sun, Moon, & Stars Die-namics and Scattered Stars Die-namics.

On the inside I stamped a sentiment from LJD On the Line and adhered a few more stars.

countdownday7a_2014aug6in
*****

My second card is a little different and uses a couple more August release products.

countdownday7b_2014aug6 

This card also started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base. I then stamped up a piece of Grout Gray card stock with a new background stamp: Cheesecloth Background. I stamped it with Sweet Tooth pigment ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder, then cut it out with a die from Blueprints 18 Die-namics. This set has two angled panel dies that are just a delight to work with and will give you so many options for design. Let me show you how I lined up my sentiment with the die cut.

After I cut out my panel, I positioned it on my card base and drew a light pencil line across the angled edge.


countdownday7b_2014aug6a


You can see it better here, after I moved the angled panel up a bit.

countdownday7b_2014aug6b

I then turned the card base so the pencil line was even with a grid line on my grid paper, and secured it with removable tape. It really helps to have grid paper or something with lines to help you line it up.

countdownday7b_2014aug6c

Then I inked up my stamp and stamped it even with the pencil line and grid line.

countdownday7b_2014aug6d

Now that my sentiment was properly placed, I continued with my card design, including coloring in the “spotlight” with green Copic markers.

On the inside, I stamped the sentiment again with Grout Gray ink and over stamped a sentiment from Sending Thanks with Black Licorice ink.


countdownday7b_2014aug6in


And that’s pretty much it for today’s Release Countdown! I’ll be back later with this week’s MFTWSC and tomorrow with another Release Countdown post. Thanks so much for stopping by!


1CAS Supplies2

countdownday7a_2014aug6



countdownday7b_2014aug6



~Supplies~
Congrats Card:
Stamps: Spotlight Sentiments,
Plaid Builder Background, LJD On the Line (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice ink, Razzle Berry ink, Orange Fizz ink, Lemon Drop ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Grout Gray card stock (MFT); silver glitter paper
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Sun, Moon, & Stars Die-namics, Scattered Stars Die-namics, Jumbo Polka Dot Stencil (MFT); foam tape, silver glitter pen


Thank You Card:
Stamps: Spotlight Sentiments, Cheesecloth Background,
DC Large Scale Backgrounds, Sending Thanks (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice ink, Grout Gray ink, Sweet Tooth pigment ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Grout Gray card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Gumdrop Green card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond; Blueprints 18 Die-namics (
MFT); foam tape, enamel dots, heat tool, white embossing powder, Copic markers


1CAS Signature2

26 comments:

  1. Great cards. Love the over stamp from Sending Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the stamp on the diagonal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the spot light Sentiments and all of the dies. Very cute cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards! The colors look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these cards & this new set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a FAB clean 'n simple card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that starry sky, Barb. Awesome Blueprint 18 !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card! Thanks for the great tip on lining the sentiment up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This new set is so versatile. Great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you used the new stamp sets! Great techniques to stretch any stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your cards and the new stamps & dies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the white embossed cheesecloth on the gray grout! Love the stars between the congrats, and I love the sentiment stamped over the soft silhouette of the spotlight sentiment! Awesome creations, Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are always some of my favorite! Love your style and the new Halloween set is great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed your cards, colors and textures

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love you're cards and the new release stamps and dies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i LOVE HOW EASY YOU MADE THIS LOOK , BUT IT'S NOT FOR ME ANYWAYS.
    LOVE YOUR WORK

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these Barbara!! Gorgeous cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the tiny stars. Pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your cards!! Can't wait and it's only the first day!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love both cards - always so well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Bar, these are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very clean and simple, I like them a lot

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...