Thursday, August 07, 2014

Geek is Chic–MFT August Release Countdown, Day Six

countdownday6_2014aug7


Hello, and welcome to Day Six of MFT’s August Release Countdown! Today we’re previewing Geek is Chic Glasses Die-namics, LLD Geek is Chic stamp set, Eye Charts stamp set, and Jumbo Polka Dot Stencil. These sets are so CUTE! And I’ll bet you know JUST the person to send a card to using these, am I right? Stop by the MFT Blog for all of today’s details, and don’t forget, release is on August 12, at 10pm. Be there.


NewReleaseCountdown_Day6

My card started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base. Then, on a trimmed-down piece of Sweet Tooth card stock, I stamped the retro girlie glasses frames from LLD Geek is Chic over and over with Steel Gray hybrid ink. I had a pair of glasses just like these—actually a couple of pairs, LOL! Wow. Anyway, then I matted that with Razzle Berry card stock and popped it up on foam on the base. I stamped the sentiment, also from LLD Geek is Chic, on a strip of Sweet Tooth card stock with Steel Gray hybrid ink and Razzle Berry hybrid ink and popped it up on foam. I cut the glasses from Geek is Chic Glasses Die-namics using Razzle Berry card stock, added some clear acetate for the lenses, and some clear gems at the corners. No, mine didn’t have rhinestones but I remember seeing some that did ;-) I popped them up on the sentiment strip with tiny bits of foam.

On the inside is another sentiment from LLD Geek is Chic and another pair of Geek is Chic Glasses Die-namics, cut from Razzle Berry card stock.

countdownday6_2014aug7in 

And there you have Day Six of MFT’s August Release Rewind. I’ll be back later with this month’s MFT Color Palette Challenge.


1CAS Supplies2




~Supplies~
Stamps: LLD Geek is Chic (
MFT)
Ink:
Steel Gray hybrid ink, Razzle Berry hybrid ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Razzle Berry card stock (MFT); clear acetate card stock
Accessories/tools: Vagabond; Geek is Chic Glasses Die-namics (
MFT); foam tape, clear gems

1CAS Signature2

12 comments:

  1. Love the glasses background and a pop of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! I love the Pink popping out. Great on the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great glasses background- love how you used the glasses die on the banner for our first card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card those glasses r so cool

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the sentiments in "Geek is Chic". Very cute cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the card!!! Gonna have to have these for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. Love the hot pink for the splash of color.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...