Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Geek Is Chic and a Faux Tortoiseshell Video Tutorial–MFTWSC #191

MFTWSC191_2014aug27


Hey, there! It’s Wednesday noon so it must be time for this week’s
MFTWSC! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s sketch. All of the details about the sketch challenge are available on the MFT blog as well as in the weekly newsletter. The Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.

MFTWSC191 

Today’s video will show you how to make these cute faux tortoiseshell glasses using LLD Geek Is Chic Glasses Die-namics. You can also see the video HERE on YouTube.

MFTWSC191_2014aug27close 




After I made the glasses, using Safety Orange Card Stock, Cheetah Background, Black Licorice Hybrid Ink, and Glossy Accents, I used them on this week’s MFTWSC card. I started with a Steel Gray Card Stock card base, then, on a piece of Sweet Tooth Card Stock, I stenciled some embossing paste with MPD Petal Circles Stencil, rounded the bottom corners, and popped it up on foam on the base. The diagonal strip was made with Sour Apple Card Stock stamped with Steel Gray Ink and Grid Background and the Razzle Berry Card Stock strip was stamped with Versamark and Striped Background. I cut the circle of Sour Apple Card Stock with Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics and added the sentiment, from LLD Geek Is Chic, stamped on Steel Gray Card Stock with Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink, and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I finished off by popping up the glasses on bits of foam.


MFTWSC191_2014aug27angle 


Another sentiment from LLD Geek Is Chic was stamped on the inside with Steel Gray Ink.

MFTWSC191_2014aug27in 

And there you have it! Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you enjoy my video and I hope you’ll have some fun making yourselves some faux tortoiseshell. I hope to see you playing the sketch this week and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel!! See you soon!


1CAS Supplies2




~Supplies~
Stamps:
LLD Geek Is Chic, Grid Background, Striped Background, Cheetah Background (MFT)
Ink:
Steel Gray Ink, Black Licorice Hybrid Ink, Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink (MFT); Versamark
Paper:
Steel Gray Card Stock, Sweet Tooth Card Stock, Sour Apple Card Stock, Razzle Berry Card Stock, Safety Orange Card Stock (MFT
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
LLD Geek Is Chic Glasses Die-namics, Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics, Petal Circles Stencil (MFT); Glossy Accents, Copic marker, embossing paste, foam tape, embossing powder, heat gun


1CAS Signature2

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute, I'm going to have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those glasses are AMAZING! I love them! (Great video too!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya' know, you could sing a little song or something to keep us entertained while you're over there at the Vagabond cutting things out! Just a thought! :)

    AWESOME technique, and fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you are doing video's ms Barbara! I LOVE your accent! Must be nerve wracking making video's but you are so good at it. I couldn't do it, don't like my Australian accent for one and I'd either get fumble hands & keep dropping everything or it would take me half an hour for one card then I'd want to keep re doing it cause I didn't like how I said this or that lol I'm with Tammy maybe a song as you tap dance while standing on your head & maybe spin a few plates?? We don't ask for much hee hee thank you for sharing your talent!
    Colette

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool, Barbara! Love the tortoise shell! It looks so real! Great video, too! I never thought to use my tweezers to pull the adhesive tape off...it works fabulously, too! I gave it a try. Fun card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...