Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Boo–MFTWSC #190

MFTWSC190_2014aug20

Hey, there! It’s Wednesday noon so it must be time for this week’s MFTWSC! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s sketch. All of the details about the sketch challenge are available on the MFT blog as well as in the weekly newsletter. The Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.

MFTWSC190

First, and obviously, I flipped the sketch for my card. I started with a Black Licorice card stock base. Then I started working on my background: Orange Fizz stenciled on Primitive Cream card stock with Jumbo Chevron Stripes stencil, then spritzed around the edges with MIX-ables Steel Shimmer Mist. Next I stamped up another piece of Primitive Cream card stock with Typewriter Text Background and Steel Gray ink, then cut it out with High Tea Party Doily Die-namics and adhered it to my stenciled background.

MFTWSC190_2014aug20bg


I popped that up on the card base on foam then started my tag. It was cut out with Pierced Traditional Tags STAX Die-namics from Primitive Cream card stock and airbrushed, then I created my scene using Spooky Scene Die-namics. The “boo” sentiment was adhered to a Sentiment Strips Die-namics die cut and popped up on foam.

SONY DSC


I used Black Licorice card stock, Banana Split card stock, and Sweet Tooth card stock for my scene elements, then finished it off with some hemp cord and clear gems.


MFTWSC190_2014aug20angle


A sentiment from Spooky Sentiments, stamped with Black Licorice ink, and another ghost from Spooky Scene Die-namics grace the inside.

MFTWSC190_2014aug20in


And that’s it from me today! Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope to see you playing along with me in both challenges!


1CAS Supplies2




~Supplies~
Stamps:
Typewriter Text Background, Spooky Sentiments (MFT)
Ink:
Orange Fizz ink, Steel Gray ink (MFT)
Paper:
Black Licorice card stock, Primitive Cream card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Banana Split card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
High Tea Party Doily Die-namics, Pierced Traditional Tags STAX Die-namics, Spooky Scene Die-namics, Sentiment Strips Die-namics, Large Chevron Stripes stencil, hemp cord, MIX-ables Steel Shimmer Mist (MFT); foam tape, clear gems

1CAS Signature2

1 comment:

  1. I just haven't pushed the button on the Spooky Scenes die set yet. It's fairly pricey for a holiday that I don't make many cards for. But every card that you make moves it higher on my wishlist! Such a charming scene!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...