Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Music Expressions–Catered Crop Recipe Swap

1cateredcrop_2014aug19


Welcome to another Catered Crop Recipe Swap! Linda has another FUN challenge for us, and here’s what she says about it, in her own words: “This challenge is all about the music. And in honor of the many ways to express yourself in song, feel free to interpret this challenge any way you like . . . include musical symbols and icons or instruments or your favorite song lyrics. I can’t wait to see what beautiful music you make.”

As always, she has some inspiration to get you started: Music Expressions.

I am really having fun doing watercolor backgrounds so I decided to do another one for this card. I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base then started to work on some Ranger water color paper. I love it because it’s pure white and has a rough side and a smooth side that takes stamping really well. So, I stamped MFT’s Sheet Music Background on the smooth side with Steel Gray ink and commenced to water color. I spritzed my paper first, then, with a wide water brush, started applying ink from Pink Lemonade refill, Grapesicle refill, and Berrylicious refill. I let it run and blend, but not so much as to get muddy. When I got it like I wanted, I used my heat tool to gently dry the ink, then adhered it to a silver glitter card stock layer, tied around some silver cord and popped it up on the card base. Next, from Sweet Tooth card stock, I cut out a Pierced Oval STAX Die-namics and stamped the sentiment, from LJD Beautiful Baby, with Steel gray ink. I matted it with more silver glitter paper then finished off with some glittery stars, cut from Sun, Moon, & Stars Die-namics and Scattered Stars Die-namics.

Another sentiment from the set was stamped on the inside on another set of ovals and with a few more stars as accents.


1cateredcrop_2014aug19in


And there you have it—vellum is back and we’re embracing it!Thanks so much for stopping by—hope to see you playing along with the vellum challenge!


1CAS Supplies2



~Supplies~
Stamps:
Sheet Music Background, LJD Beautiful Baby (MFT)
Ink:
Steel Gray ink, Berrylicious refill, Grapesicle refill, Pink Lemonade refill (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock (MFT); silver glitter paper
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Pierced Oval STAX Die-namics, Oval STAX Die-namics, Sun, Moon, & STARS Die-namics, Scattered Stars Die-namics (MFT); silver cord, foam tape

1CAS Signature2

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Wow! Wow! That watercolor background is so sweet but you had me at Glitter! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here lately your cards have taken a turn into the "WoW" category, and this music sheet card is no exception. I like how you added silver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, technically your cards have ALWAYS been WOW, and this one is no exception! Fantastic, beautiful design! I love the softness of the watercolor with all the silver sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this is beautiful beyond words! At first glance, I assumed that paper was simply one of the most beautiful musical designs I've seen... and wondered why I had never seen it in a collection! Then I read that you made it. Just extraordinarily beautiful. The soft colors are blended so wonderfully. I love your sentiment and the sparkling trims! Just gorgeous! So happy to be playing along at Catered Crop with you. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...