Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Spooky Scene–MFT August Release Countdown, Day One

countdownday1_2014aug12

Hey there, everyone, and welcome to the last day of MFT’s August Release Countdown! Today we’re previewing Spooky Scene Die-namics, Spooky Sentiments stamp set, Spider Web Cover-Up Die-namics, and Cheesecloth Background. We’ve been teasing you for a week with the new products and tonight’s the night! They will all be available for purchase at 10 pm—be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for all the details.


NewReleaseCountdown_Day1

You know I love to create a scene, so Spooky Scene Die-namics is right up my alley. This card was made with not stamping—dies only, and almost everything you need to create a great Halloween card is in the Die-namics set except for paper and ink. Also, I used Fresh Cut Grass Die-namics for the, well, the grass :)

Before I get to my card details, I’m going to show you how I made my background. This particular background is not the exact one I used on this card but it was done exactly the same way. I started with a piece of Sweet Tooth card stock, some Copic markers (YR12, Y02, BV01, B91, and B99), and my Copic air brush system.

countdownday1_2014aug12tute1 

I started by laying down the orange and then moved up with the yellow.

countdownday1_2014aug12tute2 

Next I added in some of the purple, trying to blend in and overlap the colors.

countdownday1_2014aug12tute3 

Then I started adding some of the lighter blue, again blending in where colors overlap.

countdownday1_2014aug12tute4 

Then I started adding in the darker blue. It’s getting there and this is a good base, but it needs more…

countdownday1_2014aug12tute5 

…so I went back and added more depth with my orange and also the blue. I just added both until I was happy with it.

countdownday1_2014aug12tute6 

When it was done, I trimmed it down and popped it up on a card base of Black Licorice card stock and started building my scene. I used Fresh Cut Grass Die-namics and Gumdrop Green card stock for the grass, Hot Fudge card stock for the tree, Sweet Tooth card stock for the ghosts, Grout Gray card stock and Steel Gray card stock for the head stone, Banana Split card stock for the moon, and Black Licorice card stock for the bat, the cat, and the fence. I colored clear gems with Copic markers for the cat and bat eyes, and popped up a few things on foam.

For the inside, I used the “boo” sentiment that comes with the set and another black cat. Pretty spooky, huh? ;-)


countdownday1_2014aug12in


And that’s it for the August Release Countdown! Thanks so much for stopping by! Don’t forget the release party tonight and New Product Release at 10pm!


1CAS Supplies2




~Supplies~
Stamps: None
Ink:
Black Licorice ink (MFT)
Paper:
Black Licorice card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Grout Gray card stock, Steel Gray card stock, Gumdrop Green card stock, Banana Split card stock, Hot Fudge card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond; Spooky Scene Die-namics, Fresh Cut Grass Die-namics (
MFT); foam tape, clear gems, Copic markers


1CAS Signature2

16 comments:

  1. Lovr your background and the scene you created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that background is Fantabulous! This scenic card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful background. Gotta get my copic airbrush system out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background. Looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super job on the air brushing. Cute card.
    God bless,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the background and new releases!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing how you created the gorgeous background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You did an amazing job on your background...thanks for showing us how!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great background. This card is stinkin cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a pretty and Halloweeny card. Your copic background is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love it and that Fabulous background too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic card! I love the Copic airbrushed background!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute card! Thanks for sharing your technique with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...