Monday, August 11, 2014

You’ve Got Mail–MFT August Release Countdown, Day Two

countdownday2_2014aug11

Hi, everyone, and welcome to Day Two of MFT’s August Release Countdown! Today we’re previewing You've Got Mail stamp set, You've Got Mail Die-namics (Free with $60), Tag Talk Die-namics, and Small Checkerboard Stencil. Be sure to check by the MFT Blog for full details and don’t forget that release is TOMORROW night at 10pm! Do you have your list ready? To make it easier to keep track of what you want, we have a handy dandy shopping list for you at the MFT Blog.

 

NewReleaseCountdown_Day2

So, I went all vintag-y and mixed media on this card :) And it was FUN!! I’m going to show you how I did a few of the techniques, and I encourage you to try them out yourselves.

First, to make my little envelope, I cut You’ve Got Mail Die-namics from copy paper to make it more of the weight of a real envelope and Scor-Tape’d the flaps down.


countdownday2_2014aug11a


On the front you’ll see the stamp and post mark images. I wanted my stamp to have some “pattern” to it so I altered it with a stamp from More Washi Patterns.

countdownday2_2014aug11b 


First of all I inked up the stamp image with Sour Apple hybrid ink. I used the hybrid because I think it stays damp on the stamp just a tad longer than dye ink.

countdownday2_2014aug11c


Then I placed the washi image on top to remove some ink in the pattern.

countdownday2_2014aug11d


Once I stamped it on my darling little envelope, you can see the pattern emerge.

countdownday2_2014aug11e


Now on to my “patterned paper”. First of all, on water color paper, and using the new Small Checkerboard Stencil, I smooshed some Versamark ink through the stencil openings and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. You can see the shine here.

countdownday2_2014aug11f


Then, on a craft sheet, I put down some ink with my Sour Apple ink pad, Orange Fizz ink pad, and Grape Jelly ink pad…

countdownday2_2014aug11g


…and spritzed them lightly with water.

countdownday2_2014aug11h


Then I swiped my embossed card stock over the ink puddles, swirling them around a bit and holding it up, first this way, then that, so the ink would run. Embossing resist at it’s finest :)

countdownday2_2014aug11i 


After I dried it carefully for a minute with my heat tool, I had base from which to work. I sponged it with Kraft ink, I stamped lightly with Steel Gray ink and Writing Tablet Background, stamped off once, Abstract Art with Kraft ink, I embossed with a Open Scallop Doily Duo Die-namics die cut using gold embossing paste, swiped with gesso, and inked up the end of a cardboard tube to make round marks. To finish it off, I spritzed it with mini mister containing Sour Apple refill and MIX-ables Sheer Shimmer Mist. That finished off my “patterned paper”. 

From there I tied around some
hemp cord, added my little You’ve Got Mail Die-namics envelope, stamped with images from You’ve Got Mail, and a note, stamped first with Writing Tablet Background and Berrylicious ink and then a sentiment from You’ve Got Mail with Steel Gray ink. I finished off with a bouquet, made of Leafy Flourish Die-namics cut from Sour Apple card stock and Mini Royal Roses Die-namics, using Orange Fizz card stock, Insulation Pink card stock, and Grapesicle card stock. Clear gems add a little bling factor.  

On the inside, I added another You’ve Got Mail Die-namics envelope, “taped” shut with a Washi Tape Die-namics cut from Sweet Tooth card stock and stamped with More Washi Patterns and Sour Apple hybrid ink. I overstamped with the sentiment from You’ve Got Mail in Steel Gray ink, and added the lips from Zipper Die-namics, cut from Orange Fizz card stock


countdownday2_2014aug11in 


There! That was FUN!! If you’ve stuck with me this far, thanks for stopping by and for sticking with me! Hope to see you back tomorrow when I have another little tutorial for you for the last day of Release Countdown!


1CAS Supplies2 




~Supplies~
Stamps: You’ve Got Mail, Writing Tablet Background,
Abstract Art, More Washi Patterns (MFT)
Ink:
Sour Apple hybrid ink, Steel Gray ink, Kraft ink, Sour Apple ink, Orange Fizz ink, Grape Jelly ink, Berrylicious ink, Sour Apple refill (MFT); Versamark
Paper:
Kraft card stock, Steel Gray card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Orange Fizz card stock, Grapesicle card stock, Insulation Pink card stock (MFT); water color paper, copy paper
Accessories/tools: Vagabond; You’ve Got Mail Die-namics,
Open Scallop Doily Duo Die-namics, Mini Royal Roses Die-namics, Leafy Flourish Die-namics, Zipper Die-namics, Washi Tape Die-namics, Small Checkerboard Stencil, hemp cord, MIX-ables Sheer Shimmer Mist (MFT); gold embossing paste, gesso, foam tape, clear gems

1CAS Signature2

15 comments:

  1. Wonderful background, Thanks for sharing how you did it,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!! Thanks for the tutorial:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing how you did this card....beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cute card. I keep thinking of things to use the envelope die for, it would be adorable to make valentines for my grand daughters to take to school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! Thanks for sharing your tutorial on how you created that lovely background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang woman... you wore me out just reading the details of that beautiful card! It's gorgeous, the end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BARBARA!!!! This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very lovely card, so different from what you would think from this set. Thanks for sharing your ideas with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully done! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...