Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Autumn, My Favorite Time Of Year–CTD #209

CTD209_2012sep12


Happy hump day! Since it’s Wednesday, it’s time for the Color Throwdown Challenge! Today’s colors are brought to us by the very talented Lynn and are some of my favorite colors: Fall colors.


swatch 209


Happily, since they’re fall colors, I could use my new favorite
MFT stamp set: Die-namics Primitive Pumpkins Die & Stamp Set. I might have mentioned a time or two (or three or four) how much I LOVE this set. So, I thought I’d give it another whirl. Fall won’t be here forever, you know ;-)

This Bo Bunny paper collection, Apple Cider, is perfect for this challenge so I pulled it out and got to work. A very simply layout but with those papers I didn’t think it needed much else. Some stitching, some awesome hemp cord, a Die-namics Medium Leafy Flourish and the pumpkins made for a pretty easy card to make—and I love it.

Here’s the inside with a sentiment from Inspired by Autumn:

CTD209_2012sep12in


Here are the
Die-namics dies I used on this card:

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic


And that’s it! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the
Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD209 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week!

Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!)   
Broni Holcombe
Denise Marzec
Joan Ervin
Kerri Michaud
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Tammy Hershberger (sitting out this week)
Wanda Cullen
Sherry Cheever (September Guest Designer) 

Thanks so much for stopping by! See you a little later for this week’s
MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge.

 

 

Pin It

 

 

~Supplies~
Stamps:
Die-namics Primitive Pumpkins Die & Stamp Set, Inspired by Autumn (MFT)
Paper:
Kraft card stock, Hot Fudge card stock (MFT); Kiwi Kiss (SU!); Apple Cider (Bo Bunny)
Ink: Cajun Craze, Soft Suede (SU!);
Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Primitive Pumpkins Die & Stamp Set, Die-namics Medium Leafy Flourish, hemp cord (MFT); floral wire, Copic marker, foam tape, sewing machine

brownwendysignature

9 comments:

  1. What an incredible card Bar! Your designer papers couldn't get any perfect for this week's colors and I love your popped up pumpkins and twine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN card, I just love those punkins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! Love those patterned pumpkins with this color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those whimsical pumpkins and that great DP, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have you know, this gorgeous card enabled me to order that pumpkin/die set! You should get a commission! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, I sooo need that fall set....this is sooo pretty, Bar!!!! The papers are beautiful and the twine and little curly thingys on the pumpkins are the perfect details!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did such an awesome job with these colors! LOOOOVE those pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those new MFT pumpkins too! Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet! Those papers are perfect for these colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...