Tuesday, September 18, 2012

MFT September Creative Challenge—No Patterned Paper

creativechallenge1_2012sep18a


Hi, all! It’s time for this month’s Creative Challenge! What’s a Creative Challenge you ask? Well…

The MFT Design Team Creative Challenge is a monthly feature, where we are challenged to explore our creative side using a specific theme, product, or technique. This month, we were challenged to create a card or project with no patterned paper.  Be sure to check out the MFT Blog for a list of all participating designers who have a project to share with you today.

That’s right—no patterned paper this month :) I love to do this every now and then so this was a great push to do some more. My first card is using Who’s That Parisian Girl for the front sentiment, along with several Die-namics die cuts for the focal image. I cut a Die-namics Eiffel Tower from the new Steel Gray card stock and popped it up on a Die-namics High Tea Party Doily cut from Sweet Tooth card stock.

I’m also using the new Lisa Johnson Distressed Diamonds stamp set for my two-color horizontal element. I love how a little bit of the white shows to tie it in with the white doily and flower. I used corrugated paper for my base card for texture, as well.

creativechallenge1_2012sep18b


To finish it off, I added a
Die-namics Royal Rose and Die-namics Royal Leaves both of which I edged with some clear glitter, and some sweet rhinestones, strategically placed.

creativechallenge1_2012sep18c


Here’s the inside with a sentiment from WTG Going Places.

creativechallenge1_2012sep18n


With the corrugated paper, die cut doily, stamped border, glitter, and rhinestone accents, who needs patterned paper, right?

creativechallenge2_2012sep18a

My second card is more CAS, using the recently released Die-namics Spider Web Die & Stamp Set. My card base is Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock, and Sno Cone card stock on which I adhered a complete spider web cut from silver glitter paper.

Then I cut the spider from black glitter card stock and “tied” him to the web with silver cord and a bow for added whimsy. I finished the spider off with rhinestone eyes that I colored orange with a Copic marker. I think the orange eyes are a little unexpected with the rest of the colors, but they totally work, I think :)

creativechallenge2_2012sep18c


The sentiment was stamped on a Die-namics First Place Award Ribbon flag die cut from Sweet Tooth card stock and layered with another cut from Black Licorice card stock.

creativechallenge2_2012sep18b


Here’s the inside with another sentiment from the set:

creativechallenge2_2012sep18in


Here are the
Die-namics dies I used on these cards:

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_Open ScallopDoily_PreviewGraphic copy

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic
And that’s it from me today! Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope to see you back tomorrow when I’ll have an MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge card.


Pin It

 

 

~Supplies~

Card 1
Stamps:
Who’s That Parisian Girl, WTG Going Places, Distressed Diamonds (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Steel Gray card stock (MFT); Kraft corrugated paper
Ink:
Memento Gray Flannel, Memento Toffee Crunch 
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics High Tea Party Doily, Die-namics Eiffel Tower, Die-namics Royal Rose, Die-namics Royal Leaves (MFT); glitter, 2 way glue pen, rhinestones, hot glue/gun, foam tape, Scor-Tape  

Card 2
Stamps:
Die-namics Spider Web Die & Stamp Set (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Sno Cone card stock (MFT); silver and black glitter paper
Ink:
Memento Tuxedo Black 
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Spider Web Die & Stamp Set, Die-namics First Place Award Ribbon (MFT); foam tape, Scor-Tape, Copic marker, rhinestones, silver cord

 

brownwendysignature

11 comments:

  1. No designer paper? Oh, the horror! :) Fabulous designs, girlfriend! LOVE the Paris-themed one, especially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cards are wonderful Barbara! Love the elegance of the first and spookiness of the second!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love your cards Barbara! Love the corrugated paper as background paper and the silver spider is web is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute, BAr! love the sparkly web.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so creative, love both your card Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are FAB Bar! LOVE them both, especially the rhinestone eyes on the spider!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both fabulous, Barbara, but I have to say I LOVE your spider card. Not that I love spiders. I hate them. But your card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these are darling. I love how the Eiffel Tower pops!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh honey, these are amazing, I love the first one! But the spiderweb one is really cute too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...