Monday, September 10, 2012

MFT September New Product Tour

teaserday7_2012sep4


Hi, everyone! Welcome to
MFT’s September New Product Tour! I am so amazed by all the Die-namics offerings this month that I just HAD to do a Halloween banner. I don’t have good light for photos at the china cabinet on which I’ll hang this, so I put a wire shelf in my light box and clipped my banner to it. Please excuse the staging on this, but I wanted you to see it hanging as it will be :) My banner has five pennants—which worked out perfectly since I think an odd number looks better than an even number, don’t you?

Here’s the first pennant. I’m using the new Die-namics Jumbo Fishtail Banner STAX for all of my pennant bases. How awesome are these new dies, right? Be still my heart—I’ve been wanting these FOREVER!! I used three sizes for each pennant, using Black Licorice card stock, Tangy Orange card stock, and patterned paper for the top layer. On this pennant, I used the new Die-namics Spider Web Die Only—the spider was cut from black glitter paper and is hanging from a hemp cord string. The spider’s eyes are small rhinestones that I colored with a Copic marker.

teaserday7_2012sep4a


The second pennant has the same three layers, but then I started adding the letters to spell “boo”. I’m using my Die-namics 1/4” Rosette die, Die-namics Circle STAX and hot glue to hold them together, and the letter was cut with the new Die-namics High-Rise Alphabet Lowercase and black glitter paper.

teaserday7_2012sep4b


Next up, the first letter “o”…

teaserday7_2012sep4c


…and the second letter “o”.

teaserday7_2012sep4d


Here’s the far right pennant, where I’m using the new Die-namics Large Fancy Flourish, the new Die-namics Picket Fence, and the new Die-namics Primitive Pumpkins Die Only.

teaserday7_2012sep4e


At the top of each pennant I added a “header” made with the new Die-namics Harlequin die. I cut it out and trimmed off one side of the diamond shape, popped it up on foam, and added more Copic-colored rhinestones.

teaserday7_2012sep4f


After all my pennants were assembled, I punched holes in each corner, reinforced the back of the holes, and ran ribbon through the holes to tie the banner pieces together. Between each pennant I tied on a Black Licorice button with hemp cord. Each end has a bow with a little loop for hanging.

teaserday7_2012sep4g

Here are the Die-namics dies I used on this project:

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic
MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic
MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic
MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic
I can’t wait to make more banners with my Die-namics Jumbo Fishtail Banner STAX dies. And I hope to see you making some, too—it’s so easy with these Die-namics dies!

And that’s it for me! Thanks SO much for stopping by! Have fun shopping!

Pin It

 

 

~Supplies~
Stamps: None
Paper:
Black Licorice card stock, Tangy Orange card stock (MFT); black glitter paper; Glowing (Authentique)
Ink: None
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Jumbo Fishtail Banner STAX, Die-namics Spider Web Die Only, Die-namics 1/4” Rosette, Die-namics Circle STAX, Die-namics High-Rise Alphabet Lowercase, Die-namics Large Fancy Flourish, Die-namics Picket Fence, Die-namics Primitive Pumpkins Die Only,

 

brownwendysignature

61 comments:

  1. Cool, love the jumbo fishtail size

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! You are such a gorgeous artist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is always best time of month

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your banner! You're helping me get a big MFT wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is gorgeous Barbara...love all the banners being made with the new fishtail banner die..amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of coloring in the rhinstones to match with copic markers! love this banner it is so gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my word... that is one absolutely stunning banner!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you incorporated the flourish into a Halloween project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so fun!! So inspiring! I never thought much about making a banner, but I am beginning to see the possibilities. I may have to get this set of dies....and a couple others!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Another beautiful project! Love this banner! What a great use of the die-namics!~ Are you taking orders? *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my goodness...it's beautiful! So glad to see all those dies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always make such fun banners :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Barbara,
    Love that banner! Everything about it is great...love the paper layers, the die cuts (esp. The web!), and the fun way you tied it together.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous banner Barbara! Love all the die cuts and detail!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous work Barbara. I love my MFT dies and want them ALL.
    (Especially after seeing what magic you weave with them). x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is soo stinkin Cute!!! I always go for odd number - It just looks better :) Think I'm going to need that new fishtail die...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am WOWed by all the new products and your creativity. I hope that you have Halloween company to show off your fabulous decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow just awesome! So many great dies!

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous banner! I love all the little details in each one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. soooo boootiful! love the details, Bar. love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm not all that into Halloween but this is a GREAT inspiration... Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great display of Die-namics!! That looks like a lot of fun to put together!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bar, I never thought of using the fishtails for this!!! Silly being that is probably what they were made for hey! LOL This is fab honey!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous banner ! Love all the details and the fall color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh wow Bar! i LOVE this banner!! awesome jumbo fishtail base and i love the papers and all the fun dies- i guess i need to place a 2nd order now lol!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous Barbara! Love that sweet little hanging spider!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fun banner, and I'm not even hugely into Halloween! Loving the new dies!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Stunning banner!!! Everything is so crisp!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Bar, you are amazing! This is just perfect in every which way! LOVE your work!

    ReplyDelete
  30. love your banner what a creative way to show off all the new products.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Loving the jumbo fishtail. Your banner is boo-tiful!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Amazing banner - totally in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh wow! I just love this! Amazing job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful banner! Love all the dies you used!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. absolutely gorgeous banner, Barbara!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. So pretty. Love all the details on each of the banner sections. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  37. Fab banner. Love the new web die.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh. My. Gosh. This is fantastic! I can hardly wait to get mine!

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is just "boo"tiful! heh. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wooooaaa great use of so many exciting new products. I just love the banner...how perfect that you have a great place to put it!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Super gorgeous and super spooky banner, Barbara! SO many beautiful details...such creative and beautiful use of all the Die-namics!!! I LOVE it!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  42. WOWZER! That's one of the most amazing, creative and awesome banners I've ever seen! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow, this banner is so fabulous, I love all the details....must get the large fishtails die, must have it, lol. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Absolutely stunning! What a gorgeous and creative use of all those dies!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love it! I love love love Halloween! I really want to make a Boo Banner now! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love how trimming the Harlequin turned it into a mini banner!

    ReplyDelete
  47. WOW - I just had to come over and tell you how gorgeous this is!!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  48. WOW!! This is AWESOME!! I LOVE the way you used all of the different elements!! So creative!! THANKS for sharing and Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  49. What a stunning banner!! Makes me want to go make a banner right now! Love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  50. What a great banner! Have to remind this for my son's birhday!

    ReplyDelete
  51. This banner is gorgeous! I have yet to attempt one, though each time I see one I think I can do that! I love that spider and web die set. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Please refer to my previous comment..... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...