Monday, September 03, 2012

Just a Note

justanote_2012sep6

Happy Monday! And Happy Labor Day to my US and Canadian visitors! Hope you’ve got some fun and relaxing plans for today :) I’m in the midst of a mini kitchen remodel so no relaxing for me!

In honor of the holiday, eclectic Paperie is having a one day only sale today! It’s a 25% off storewide sale so head on over to the store for all the details. If you’re getting the newsletter (and if not why aren’t you, LOL?) there will be some updates about new products in tomorrow’s issue. To start getting the newsletter, go to the eclectic Paperie store and sign up!

This card is using some gorgeous papers from the
eclectic Paperie store—Basic Grey’s Plumeria. I chose a neutral pattern for my background and I’m not sure if you can tell or not (click on the photo for a closer view), but after I stitched the background paper to my dark gray layer, I sanded the edges with my Idea-ology Sanding Grip Block loaded with Idea-ology Sanding Grip Refill. I use this little gadget all the time—love it for distressing edges as well as for smoothing rough card stock edges. After I sanded, I sponged the edges with my Inkssentials Foam Blending Tool and Antique Linen Distress Ink.

I then added some colorful strips using my MFT Die-namics Fishtail Flags STAX dies and some Dot N’ Go -  Mini Glue Dots, then I stamped a sentiment from More Essential Sentiments on a Die-namics Designer Labels 3 STAX  with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and made a flower using Die-namics Pretty Posies and Die-namics Royal Leaves. I popped the sentiment die cut up on Scotch Foam Mounting Tape and added a center to my flower with a brad from Plumeria – Mixed Brads.

Here’s the inside of the card with another sentiment from More Essential Sentiments.

justanote_2012sep6in

 

Here are the Die-namics dies I used on this card:

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_PrettyPosiesFinal

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic


And that’s it! Thanks so much for stopping by today!

 

 

Pin It

 

 

 

~Supplies~
Stamps:
More Essential Sentiments (MFT)
Paper:
Whip Cream card stock (MFT); dark gray card stock; Plumeria (Basic Grey)
Ink:
Memento Tuxedo Black; Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Fishtail Flags STAX, Die-namics Designer Labels 4 STAX, Die-namics Pretty Posies, Die-namics Royal Leaves (MFT); Scotch Foam Mounting Tape, Idea-ology Sanding Grip Block, Idea-ology Sanding Grip Refill, Inkssentials Foam Blending Tool; Plumeria – Mixed Brads; sewing machine; Dot N’ Go -  Mini Glue Dots

 

brownwendysignature

1 comment:

  1. This is so soft and beautiful. I love the way you layered the banners!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...