Wednesday, September 19, 2012

October Birthday–MFTWSC #90

MFTWSC90_2012sep19


Are you ready for another
MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge? Here’s this week’s sketch. You can find the sketch on the MFT blog and also in the MFT forum on SCS, as well as in the weekly newsletter. The Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.

MFTWSC90


OK, I’m NOT try to rush the year, LOL, but it is moving on, faster than I’d like. October will be here before you know it so I thought I’d make a card that would be perfect for an October birthday. I think this could work for a male or female recipient, don’t you?

I’m using an image from
Inspired by Flowers Set 4 for my card. I stamped the image on Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 130lb paper with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored it with Copic markers. Then I fussy cut it out and sponged the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink before popping it up on foam tape. I used a Die-namics Open Scallop Doily Duo die cut for the half-circle element, tied a Tangy Orange button on with hemp cord, and added the sentiment from Inspired by Months of the Year on a flag cut from Die-namics Airplane Greetings Die Only. I think the rest is pretty self-explanatory, but, as always, let me know if you have any questions. My card base was made with Natural card stock and Hot Fudge card stock, and I added a couple of clear Dew Drops at the top to complete the sketch elements.

Here’s the inside with a sentiment from Finishing Flourishes.

MFTWSC90_2012sep19in


Here are the
Die-namics dies I used on this card:

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic


And that’s it for me today! Thanks so much for stopping by!

 

 

Pin It

 

 

~Supplies~
Stamps:
Inspired by Flowers Set 4, Inspired by Months of the Year, Finishing Flourishes (MFT)
Paper:
Natural card stock, Hot Fudge card stock (MFT);
Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 130lb; Sugar Hill (Farmhouse Paper Company)
Ink:
Memento Rich Cocoa, Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Airplane Greetings Die Only, Die-namics Open Scallop Doily Duo, hemp cord, Tangy Orange button (MFT); foam tape, Dew Drops

 

brownwendysignature

7 comments:

  1. So Lovely Barbara! I love the "October" placement too....stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning, Bar! I love the fall colors and the IB months stamp - I must break that stamp set out again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! Perfect papers, colors,and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous fall card! LOVE every detail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, that flower is gorgeous! Fabulous card, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bar, this one is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...