Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Happy Together–CTD #211

CTD211_2012sep26

 

Hi, all! Happy Wednesday and Happy Color Throwdown day! Today’s colors were chosen by Wanda, using this inspiration piece. What a gorgeous image, right? Right!

swatch 211

But I gotta be honest and say this color combo freaked me out when I first saw it, LOL! Then I thought about it a while and decided to go with a flower. And you KNOW I gotta have leaves, right? I discovered the Summer Starfruit works really well as a green substitute. And I ended up LOVING this card!!

I also decided to go with a white base to keep it from being too busy with this palette of similar colors. I’m using a
Kraft card stock base card with a Sweet Tooth card stock layer, then I added that perfect corner bling element that looks like it was MADE for this card :) Actually, I laid it out and stamped the sentiment , from MFT’s Essential Sentiments first, THEN added the bling. I then made a flower using MFT’s Die-namics Prima Donna Petals dies. The bottom layer is Pumpkin Pie card stock and the top layer is from The Sweetest Thing – Tangerine collection by MME, and as I mentioned already, the leaves were cut from Summer Starfruit. To finish it off, I made the center with Sahara Sand.

Here’s the inside with a sentiment from More Essential Sentiments.

CTD211_2012sep26in


Here are the Die-namics dies I used on this card:

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

 

And that’s it! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD211 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week!

Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!)   
Broni Holcombe
Denise Marzec
Joan Ervin
Kerri Michaud
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Tammy Hershberger
Wanda Cullen
Sherry Cheever (September Guest Designer) 

Thanks so much for stopping by! See you a little later for this week’s
MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge.

 

 

Pin It

 

 

~Supplies~
Stamps:
Essential Sentiments, More Essential Sentiments (MFT)
Paper:
Whip Cream card stock, Kraft card stock (MFT); Pumpkin Pie, Summer Starfruit, Sahara Sand (SU!); The Sweetest Thing - Tangerine (MME)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Prima Donna Petals (MFT); bling, hot glue/gun

 

brownwendysignature

7 comments:

  1. Love this color combo, and your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH, I just love all the bling! This is fabulous, Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers...this is such an elegant and stunning CAS card! Love the minimalist approach to these colors (who in the world ever picked them out - lol?!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love the layered flower and all that bling framing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bling is awesome, especially with the gorgeous flower to adorn it! You rocked these colors, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely STUNNING, Bar....I sooo love your CAS design with beautiful flower and all the fabulous bling!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely Bar! Your crisp white card with the fabulous bling and layered flower look incredible!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...