Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Absolutely Fabulous–CTD #308

CTD308_2014sep3


Hi, everyone, and welcome to this week’s
Color Throwdown Challenge! September 1st. I can’t believe it, really I can’t! But, Miss Joan has one of my all-time favorite color combos today so I’ll forget about how fast time is flying for a while ;-)


swatch 308

This is SUCH a favorite of mine that I already had some paper stamped up using these colors, so I was ahead of the game :) I started with a Sweet Tooth Card Stock base, then added a strip of my stamped paper down the left side. To make that paper, I stamped an image from Plaid Builder Background on Sweet Tooth Card Stock using Orange Fizz Ink, Lemon Drop Ink, and Razzle Berry Ink. Then I added another panel of Sweet Tooth Card stock and popped up the sentiment, from Simply Fabulous Sayings, stamped with Black Licorice Ink on more Sweet Tooth Card Stock. Next I cut LLD Accent It – Feathers and Arrows from Translucent Vellum and glitter paper and adhered them on top of a mess of silk thread.

CTD308_2014sep3b


I wasn’t trying to be skimpy with the thread, it just all jumped up under the feathers when I adhered them down, LOL! I’d wanted more to show, but it is what it is! To finish off I added some enamel dots in the challenge colors.


CTD308_2014sep3close


The rest of the sentiment is on the inside of the card.

CTD308_2014sep3in


And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD308 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week, including our awesome September guest designer, Lisa Henke!

Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!)   
Broni Holcombe
Cindy Lawrence
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins 
Lori Tecler
Monika Davis
Tammy Hershberger
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Lisa Henke – September Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you again soon!


1CAS Supplies2




~Supplies~
Stamps:
Simply Fabulous Sayings, Plaid Builder Background (MFT)
Ink:
Orange Fizz Ink, Lemon Drop Ink, Razzle Berry Ink, Black Licorice Ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth Card Stock, Translucent Vellum (MFT); glitter paper
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
LLD Accent It – Feathers and Arrows (MFT); silk thread, foam tape, enamel dots


1CAS Signature2

9 comments:

  1. ohmy! THIS is absolutely fabulous. and I must cut glittery feathers....love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really really cute card. Now - where's Day 1 of the September teases?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bar, this is such a fabulous CAS design! The stripes on the edge and the vellum paired with silver makes me say "WOW"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Barb. Love the vellum and silver glitter papers, especially with the feather die-cuts. So elegant, but fun at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous...love these colors with silver!! Those feathers are fabulous!! I need to play with vellum....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a happy card! Your vellum & glimmer feathers look fabulous against your happy color paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm lovin the silver and vellum feathers, Bar...this is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That silver feather is the bomb dot com! And LOVE the striped border at the edge.... I MUST copy that idea sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! The vellum/glitter feather combo is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...