Thursday, September 04, 2014

Grateful–MFTCPC #9

MFTCPC9_2014sep4


Hi, everyone! Today is the first day of September’s MFT Color Palette Challenge! This month’s colors are Steel Gray, Steel Blue, Wild Cherry, and Factory Green.


Print


These colors just said Fall to me so I made a piece that started out as a card, but ended up as a sit around piece of décor.

I started with a Steel Blue Card Stock base, cut 5 1/4” x 5 1/4”. I added a trimmed down piece of Primitive White Card stock and started cutting out my wreath, using Autumn Wreath Die-namics. I cut the base from Factory Green Card Stock and many loose leaves from Factory Green Card Stock, Steel Gray Card Stock, Steel Blue Card Stock, and Wild Cherry Card Stock, sponged the edges of everything with Kraft Ink, then
started adding the leaves with a bit of hot glue. The sentiment, from LJD Fall Foliage, was stamped on an extended double-ended Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics die cut with Steel Gray Ink and scored and folded to look like a banner. I popped that up on foam and it was done. I will look as this often this Fall and remember my many reasons to be grateful.

Thanks so much for stopping by! See you soon!



1CAS Supplies2




~Supplies~
Stamps:
LJD Fall Foliage (MFT)
Ink:
Kraft Ink, Steel Gray Ink (MFT)
Paper:
Steel Blue Card Stock, Primitive White Card Stock, Factory Green Card Stock, Steel Gray Card Stock, Wild Cherry Card Stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics, Autumn Wreath Die-namics MFT)

1CAS Signature2

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous use of this color palette. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely amazing. Adding the steel gray and blue gives this wreath such elegance and depth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barbara, I just love this wreath and card. I think it is so festive looking and it just makes me want to start making some fall cards. Do you mind if I try to make something similar to this? I will totally give you all the credit. (that's if it comes out and I can show it on my blog. lol) I don't have the die, but I'm thinking I might try something like this with my leaf dies and a circle die. Anyway, love the colors you have used on this. It is just gorgeous. Hugs Lisa G

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...