Saturday, September 13, 2014

MFT September Release Countdown, Day Four

countdown4_2014sep13


Hey, there, welcome to Day Four of MFT’s September Release Countdown! Today we’re previewing Diamonds & Dots Borders, Diagonal Bars Stencil, Scattered Bars Stencil, and You've Got Mail Die-namics. Remember that release is on September 16th at 10pm—check the MFT Blog for details.


NewReleaseCountdown_Day4

My first card today is pretty CAS. I started with a Kraft card stock base card, then, with Natural Ink, I stamped the lattice work image from Diamonds & Dots Borders all over. These images are really gorgeous borders, but they make really nice seamless backgrounds, too. This image was so easy to line up to cover the card front. You simply line up the stamped dots with your next pass and it’s perfect!

I have a little video to show you exactly what I’m talking about, HERE on YouTube, or just click on the video below:


 

To finish my card, I cut another new product,
Words of Gratitude Die-namics, from Brick Red card stock, and adhered it directly to the card front. I also added several leaves from Falling Leaves Die-namics, cut from Safety Orange card stock, Jellybean Green card stock, and Tangy Orange card stock, tied together with hemp cord and popped up on foam.

A sentiment from
Thankful Thoughts was stamped on the inside with Chocolate Brown ink.

countdown4_2014sep13in
*****

My second card is using Scattered Bars Stencil, along with LLD Lunchbox Die-namics and Jumbled Letters Stencil.

C4C253_2014sep13


I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, then I created my patterned paper with Scattered Bars Stencil. On more Sweet Tooth card stock, I stencil on Grapesicle ink, Blu Raspberry ink, Sour Apple ink, Lemon Drop ink, Orange Fizz ink, and Red Hot ink, then splattered it with MIX-ables Steel Shimmer Mist. I put a strip of that on the right side, added a strip of Black Licorice card stock, and then popped up a Sweet Tooth card stock panel on which I stenciled Jumbled Letters Stencil with embossing paste.

C4C253_2014sep13close


I tied around some black hemp and then popped up my LLD Lunchbox Die-namics. This thing was so much fun to make! I used Red Hot card stock, and stamped the sentiment and the Smarties with Black Licorice Hybrid Ink so could color with Copic markers. The insert was stamped with Berrylicious ink and Notebook Paper Background before being stamped with the sentiment from Packed With Positivity.

C4C253_2014sep13insert


I added a clear acetate cover to the lunchbox front.


C4C253_2014sep13shine


Two more sentiments from Packed With Positivity were stamped on the inside. This card is also for Crazy 4 Challenges for today.

C4C253_2014sep13in


Whew!! And that’s it for today! Thanks so much for stopping by! See you soon!


1CAS Supplies2


countdown4_2014sep13



C4C253_2014sep13


 

~Supplies~
Thankful Card:
Stamps:
Diamonds & Dots Borders, Thankful Thoughts (MFT)
Ink:
Natural Ink, Chocolate Brown Ink (MFT)
Paper:
Kraft Card Stock, Brick Red Card Stock, Safety Orange Card Stock, Jellybean Green Card Stock, Tangy Orange Card Stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Words of Gratitude Die-namics, Falling Leaves Die-namics, hemp cord (MFT); foam tape

Lunchbox Card:
Stamps:
Packed With Positivity, Notebook Paper Background (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice Hybrid Ink; Berrylicious Ink, Grapesicle Ink, Blu Raspberry Ink, Sour Apple Ink, Lemon Drop Ink, Orange Fizz Ink, Red Hot Ink (MFT)
Paper:
X-Press It Blending Card, Sweet Tooth Card Stock, Black Licorice Card Stock, Red Hot Card Stock (MFT); silver mirror card stock, clear acetate card stock
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
LLD Lunchbox Die-namics, Jumbled Letters Stencil, Scattered Bars Stencil, MIX-ables Steel Shimmer Mist (MFT); Copic markers, embossing paste, black hemp, foam tape

1CAS Signature2

10 comments:

  1. Your pops of red are so energetic and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards...thank you for the video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that looked like I could even do it... Thanks for the Video! Love both backgrounds that way!! I must say the look of the first card is so clean I just love that with the craft paper!!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love any card with Kraft!! Love the way you used the stencils!! Great cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are always the best! I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards. Thanks for the tip and video on lining up the Dots and Diamonds border stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really great, Barbara... I can see you had so much fun making that lunch box... it completely shows!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three cards, three styles, and three hoorays. They are great

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coffee n MFT great am
    Thank for tutorial that's over n beyond
    Takes time n lots of love for card making

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the thankful!! Great colours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...