Monday, September 29, 2014

Coffee and Friends Are the Perfect Blend - Coffee Lovers Blog Hop

coffebloghop_2014sep29

Hi, everyone! It’s time for the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop! How fun is this?! A bunch of coffee loving paper crafters doing a blog hop—couldn’t be better in my book!



Any coffee loving paper crafters are encouraged to get the details and link up HERE!

We were asked to answer a couple of questions, so here are my answers:

1. When did you start drinking coffee? I started drinking coffee when I worked in a hospital as an OR nurse—we needed that caffeine, LOL!

2. What is favorite brand (you can name up to three). I love Gevalia and have it on auto dial! I get a regularly scheduled shipment to keep me going.

3. What is the most amazing coffee that you had? Remember where and when? I really can’t think of any that was so outstanding that I remember it.

4. If I don't drink my needed coffee, I will... whine ;-)



So, let me tell you about my card :) I started with a Sweet Tooth Card Stock base, then, using Scattered Bars Stencil, water colored through the stencil with a water brush and Chocolate Brown Ink, Jellybean Green Ink, and Blu Raspberry Ink. I trimmed that, added a Chocolate Brown Card Stock mat, and popped it up on foam on the base. The sentiment, from Clearly Sentimental About Coffee, was stamped on a strip of Chocolate Brown Card Stock with Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink, heat embossed with white embossing powder, and popped up on foam. The cups, cut with Always Time For Tea Die-namics, were made by stamping them with images from Washi Patterns and More Washi Patterns with the same inks with which I water colored the background. The saucers were cut from Jellybean Green Card Stock, Chocolate Brown Card Stock, and Blu Raspberry Card Stock, then popped up on foam as well.

coffebloghop_2014sep29close 

I finished off with a few enamel dots and added another sentiment from Clearly Sentimental About Coffee on the inside.

coffebloghop_2014sep29in

And that’s it for me! Thanks so much for stopping by—I’m off to hop!


1CAS Supplies2




~Supplies~
Stamps:
Clearly Sentimental About Coffee, Washi Patterns, More Washi Patterns (MFT)  
Ink:
Chocolate Brown Ink, Blu Raspberry Ink, Jellybean Green Ink, Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth Card Stock, Chocolate Brown Card Stock, Jellybean Green Card Stock, Blu Raspberry Card Stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Always Time For Tea Die-namics, Scattered Bars Stencil (MFT); foam tape, water brush, enamel dots, white embossing powder, heat tool


1CAS Signature2

24 comments:

  1. Cool use of the stencil for that muticolored background, love the colors and the sweet little cups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the stenciled background! How pretty! And, you know, coffee...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that background Barbara! Fantastic colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your coffee card with the stenciled background! The colors are so perfect in every way! Love the design....and I so enjoy reading about you and coffee! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your background is to die for Barbara! What a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fabulous card and love how your background came out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! WOW! The colors are awesome. I love the combo of patterns. AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing! I love the scattered bars background - and your color choices are fantastic. Love this card to bits! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors and patterns on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, I am so loving this new stencil..........On my wishlist it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like how you painted through the stencil and also the colours you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is so very lovely Barbara! What an artist you are! Thank you for the wonderful inspiration and happy National Coffee Day to you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your design on the paper and the deelish colors. The sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOWOWOWOWOWOW!! LOVING your Card for today's Blog Hop!! =) Such an AWESOME Design!! I LOVE the Colors too!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card! Love the color combination and the inside sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this...the colors and all the details! I need that coffee sentiment set! Loved reading about you!
    So glad that you linked up to the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop♡

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow this is a stunning card. I really love the water color look of the design background.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That background is INCREDIBLE my sweet friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oooh. fantastic. love that background, colors, and design of your card! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...