Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Thinking of You–MFTWSC #195


MFTWSC195_2014sep24


Hey, there! It’s Wednesday noon so it must be time for this week’s MFTWSC! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s sketch. All of the details about the sketch challenge are available on the MFT blog as well as in the weekly newsletter. The Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.

Print


I started this card with a Kraft Card Stock base, then on another piece of Kraft Card Stock I stamped the “Thinking of You” sentiment from LJD Out On a Limb with Natural Ink. I wanted just a subtle repeating image and I think it worked. I adhered that to a Jellybean Green Card Stock layer.

MFTWSC195_2014sep24close1


Next I stamped up some Tangy Orange Card Stock with Fine Check Background and Tangy Orange Ink, cut it with the smaller angled element from Blueprints 18 Die-namics and adhered that to my stamped layer. I tied around some hemp cord to simulate the two vertical stripe elements and popped it up on foam on the base. I cut a piece of Primitive White Card Stock with Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics and popped it up on foam. I arranged a couple of leaves, cut from Falling Leaves Die-namics and Jellybean Green Card Stock and Safety Orange Card Stock, and tied them onto the hemp cord element with more hemp cord and a Tangy Orange Button.

MFTWSC195_2014sep24close2


On the inside, I stamped more images and a sentiment from LJD Out On a Limb with Chocolate Brown Ink, Jellybean Green Ink, and Tangy Orange Ink.

MFTWSC195_2014sep24in


And that’s it for me today! Thanks so much for dropping by; see you soon!


1CAS Supplies2



~Supplies~
Stamps:
LJD Out On a Limb, Fine Check Background (MFT)
Ink:
Tangy Orange Ink, Natural Ink, Jellybean Green Ink, Chocolate Brown Ink (MFT)
Paper:
Kraft Card Stock, Jellybean Green Card Stock, Tangy Orange Card Stock, Safety Orange Card Stock, Primitive White Card Stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics, Blueprints 18 Die-namics, Falling Leaves Die-namics, Tangy Orange Button, hemp cord (MFT); foam tape

1CAS Signature2

4 comments:

  1. I love the background, and how you used the jute for the stripes in the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute cards. Tried to PIN them and was unable to. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card. Love the colors....gives that fall feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this very much. The stamped background is awesome

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...