Tuesday, July 28, 2015

July Ingenious Inking DT Challenge––Resistance is Futile

inginkresist_2015jul28


Hi, all, welcome to the MFT’s July Ingenious Inking DT Challenge. This month we’re challenge to do some embossed resist on our cards or projects.


MFT_IngeniousInking_SideBar

This is one of my favorite inking techniques and I had fun getting inky! I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base. Then, on a piece of Ranger watercolor paper, I stamped Tiny Stars Background with Versamark and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder. To do my resist technique, I used Blueberry dye ink. First, with a water brush, I dampened the watercolor paper, then loaded my brush with ink and swiped it on. It took about three “layers” to get the depth of color and coverage that I was looking for but it was so worth the effort.

SONY DSC


I dried it with my heat tool and popped it up on foam mounting tape after tying around some hemp baker’s twine at the top. Next, I stamped the two sentiments, from LLD Count the Stars, on Black Licorice card stock with Versamark and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder before popped them up on foam. I cut the “Star” from LLD Stars & Wishes Die-namics from Silver Sparkle card stock and popped that up, as well, before adding some smaller stars in silver and glue glitter paper.

inginkresist_2015jul28b


And there you have it! A fun technique and a fun card! Thanks so much for stopping by today—see you soon!


1CAS Supplies2_thumb1



~Supplies~
Stamps:
LLD Count the Stars, Tiny Stars Background (MFT)
Ink:
Blueberry dye ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Ranger watercolor paper, Silver Sparkle card stock, silver foil card stock (MFT); blue glitter paper
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Blueprints 17 Die-namics, Blueprints 25 Die-namics, LLD Stars & Wishes Die-namics, Scattered Stars Die-namics, white detail embossing powder, foam mounting tape (MFT); heat tool, baker’s twine

1CAS-Signature2_thumb1

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic card Barb Love the starry background. The silver and black look so cool with the blue.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...