Wednesday, July 15, 2015

You Are Awesome–CTD #351

CTD351_2015jul15


Hello, and welcome to this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge! Monika has chosen a really awesome color combo for us this week—one that I would never have chosen, for sure, but I LOVE what I came up with in the end!


swatch 351

I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, then stamped Garden Flourish Background on some Ranger watercolor paper with Versamark and heat embossed it with white detail embossing powder. Then I did a little water color wash with my Zigs, roughly drew around a double border on the base with a black fine point marker, and popped the embossed panel up on foam mounting tape. Next I added a Large Leaf-Filled Flourish Die-namics, cut from silver glitter card stock. I cut Flutter of Butterflies – Solid from Ranger watercolor paper and colored it with my Zigs, adding Flutter of Butterflies – Lace on top, cut from black glitter paper, popped up on foam. The sentiment is from Simply Fabulous Sayings and was stamped on Black Licorice card stock with Versamark and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder, then colored the “Amazing” with a Copic marker. I finished off with some Pretty Pink Posh sequins and it was done!

And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD351 so we can see your beauty all in one place, and use #ctd351 and #colorthrowdown on social media. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week, including our incredibly talented June Guest Designer, Valentyna Komisarenko!

Barbara Anders
(<--- You are here!)   
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins
Lori Tecler
Monika Davis
Tammy Hershberger
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Valentyna Komisarenko – July Guest Designer  

Thanks so much for stopping by! See you soon!


1CAS Supplies2_thumb1





~Supplies~
Stamps:
Simply Fabulous Sayings, Garden Flourish Background (MFT)
Ink:
Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Ranger watercolor paper (MFT); black, silver glitter paper
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Flutter of Butterflies – Lace, Flutter of Butterflies – Solid, Large Leaf-Filled Flourish Die-namics, foam mounting tape, white detail embossing powder, Pretty Pink Posh sequins, small water brush (MFT); Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers, heat tool, Copic marker

1CAS-Signature2_thumb1

8 comments:

  1. I love your card!! It is just beautiful and I definitely want to duplicate it!! Love the background stamp you chose! TFS!! Joleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...this is gorgeous!! Love the silver leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Barb. Love the heat embossed and sponged background. The flourishes are so pretty. Lovely butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! This is absolutely gorgeous, Bar!!!! I sooo love the background you created and your sparkly leaves and beautiful butterfly steal the show!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your beautifully vibrant butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is spectacular! I love how you used the colors and your butterfly is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having seen this in real life, I KNOW it's even more stunning than the picture shows!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Love this elegant card. The BG and butterfly is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...