Tuesday, September 01, 2015

MFT September Release Countdown, Day One

countdownday1_2015sep1

Hi again! I’m back with the last day of MFT’s September Release Countdown! Tonight’s the night! At 10pm EDT (9pm if you’re a member of the TLC) you’ll be able to purchase all the products we’ve introduced to you for the last five days. Be sure to check out the MFT Blog for all the details. Today we’re previewing London Mouse Stamp Set, London Mouse Die-namics, London Skyline Die-namics, New York Skyline Die-namics, Brick Wall Cover-Up Die-namics, Distressed Stripes Background, Formal Formal Fleur de Lis Background, and Stitched Interactive Window Trio Die-namics, which was last month’s Free With $60 but will now be available in it’s own right.


NewReleaseCountdown_Day1
I have two cards for you today, both scenes (which you know I LOVE to do) and both a ton of fun to create! My first card started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base. Then I cut Brick Wall Cover-Up Die-namics from Grout Gray card stock and adhered it to a panel of Brick Red card stock that I distressed up a bit to look like old brick, then popped the whole thing up on foam mounting tape. Next I cut Boutique Window Die-namics from Sweet Tooth card stock and assembled it with a heat resistant acetate window, Formal Fleur de Lis Background “wallpaper” and sweets from BB Mon Chéri in the window.

countdownday1_2015sep1b

I added Streetlights Die-namics (this month’s Free With $60 set) and the sentiments, also from BB Mon Chéri, stamped on Steel Gray card stock with Versamark and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder. For a tongue-in-cheek take on the sentiment, I added the pigeon from London Mouse, sitting on the window sill ;-)
*****

My next card is mostly done with images from London Mouse.

londonmouse

I wanted to depict a scene from a busy London street, so I added lots of iconic images. I watercolored the background, cut the images from Ranger watercolor paper and watercolored them, as well.

londonmouse2

The sentiment is from BB Adventure is Calling and the sun was cut with Blueprints 21 Die-namics.

And that’s it for the last day of MFT’s September Release Countdown! Thanks so much for stopping by==hope to see you tonight for the New Product Launch!


1CAS Supplies2_thumb1

countdownday1_2015sep1



londonmouse

~Supplies~
Window Card:
Stamps:
BB Mon Chéri, London Mouse (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink, Steel Gray dye ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Grout Gray card stock, Brick Red card stock, Blue Breeze card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Safety Orange card stock, heat resistant acetate (MFT); Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Boutique Window Die-namics, Brick Wall Cover-Up Die-namics, Streetlights Die-namics, foam mounting tape, white detail embossing powder (MFT); heat tool, Copic markers

Mouse Card:
Stamps:
London Mouse, BB Adventure is Calling (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink (MFT)
Paper:
Grout Gray card stock, Ranger watercolor paper (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
London Mouse Die-namics, Blueprints 21 Die-namics, foam mounting tape (MFT); Zig Clean Color Brush Markers

1CAS-Signature2_thumb1

11 comments:

  1. Love the new stamps and especially the focus on London and Paris. Such great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. both cards has a beautiful scene, so sweet and so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara I just love your cards. You put so much detail in your cards, I just love the scenes you create as they are always incredible. I have really enjoyed all of your cards this week, I wish I was as talented as you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific French mice!- I'm ready to go to Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Barbara, these rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A little late I know but just loved how you made this scene BUT just for future reference Barbara :) Our traffic lights are red/amber/green (in that order from top to bottom) and our taxis are black not New York yellow xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...