Thursday, September 17, 2015

You’re My Shining Star–MFTWSC #246

MFTWSC246_2015sep17


Hi, everyone, I’m back again with this week’s MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s sketch. All of the details about the sketch challenge are available on the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog as well as in the weekly newsletter. The MFT Challenge & Inspiration Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.


MFT_WSC_246

I’ve kinda had this idea percolating around in my head for some time; Abstract Background totally reminds me of sky charts so I wanted to do something along those lines. When this sketch came along I knew this was the one!

I started with a Grout Gray card stock base. Then I cut my Sweet Tooth card stock layer and cut the opening with Circle STAX Set 1 Die-namics. I stamped Abstract Background and Tiny Stars Background on Sweet Tooth card stock with Versamark, heat embossed with white detail embossing powder, and sponged on After Midnight dye ink and Blueberry dye ink with a Mini Ink Blending Tool until I was happy with it. I popped up the card front on foam mounting tape, sandwiching the sponged sky chart to the base. Then I stamped the sentiment, from LLD Count the Stars, with Versamark on Black Licorice card stock, cut with Blueprints 13 Die-namics, and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder, popping it up on foam. I cut “Star” from Silver Sparkle card stock with LLD Stars & Wishes Die-namics and popped that up, too. I added a few clear gems and I was done! I love my sky chart card!!

MFTWSC246_2015sep17b


Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you soon! 


1fallsupplies




~Supplies~
Stamps:
LLD Count the Stars, Tiny Stars Background, Abstract Background (MFT)
Ink:
After Midnight dye ink, Blueberry dye ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Grout Gray card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Silver Sparkle card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Blueprints 13 Die-namics, Circle STAX Die-namics, LLD Stars & Wishes Die-namics, foam mounting tape, white detail embossing powder, Mini Ink Blending Tool (MFT); heat tool, clear gems

1fallsignature

1 comment:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...