Thursday, August 20, 2020

Have a Wicked Birthday–MFT August Birthday Project Challenge







When your birthday card provides some entertainment in addition to conveying birthday wishes, well, that's just a bonus! With a wide array of options for including an interactive component in your designs, why wouldn't you add a bonus element for the birthday boy or girl to enjoy? Need some ideas? Our team is here to help!



My go to for interactive is shaker! I love it them myself so I figure most others will too. I love the sound, the movement, and the sparkle of the sequins and beads. What’s not to like, right?? This design doesn’t have to be for an October birthday but it’s perfect for one that’s around Halloween.

To begin, I did my back ground so it could dry while I was coloring. I sponged Shabby Shutters, Mustard Seed, Wilted Violet, Black Soot Distress Inks on Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper then splattered clean water and white craft ink for the spooky sky. Once it was dry I created the shaker element using Circle Shaker Window & Frame and Happy Birthday Circle Frame Die-namics, a Circle Shaker Pouch, 1/8” Scor-Tape, and sequins and seed beads to match. Once it was done, it was adhered to a Sweet Tooth card stock base with foam tape.





I still had BB Witch Way is the Candy? Stamp Set and Die-namics on my desk so I thought, “Why not?”. The images were stamped on No Line Coloring card stock with Extreme Black hybrid ink, cut out with the coordinating Die-namics, colored with Copic markers, and popped up on the card front with foam tape. The sentiment, from Sassy Pants Spooktacular Stamp Set was heat embossed on Black Licorice card stock and also adhered with foam tape.

And that’s it from me today! Thanks so much for stopping by! We hope to see you playing along with the challenge on the MFT Blog. Prizes are to be had!


 




All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: BB Witch Way is the Candy?, Sassy Pants Spooktacular
Die-namics: BB Witch Way is the Candy?, Circle Shaker Window & Frame, Happy Birthday Circle Frame
Hybrid Ink: Extreme Black
MFT Card Stock/Specialty Papers: Sweet Tooth, No Line Coloring, Black Licorice
Supplies/Tools: foam mounting tape, Smart Grid Paper Pad, Circle Shaker Pouches, 1/8" Scor-Tape

Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, Mini MISTI, Mini MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, Copic markers, Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper, white detail embossing powder, Embossing Magic, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen, Mini Mister, plastic eraser, Mini Ink Blending Tool, Mini Ink Blending Foam Pads, Scor-Buddy, Shabby Shutters, Mustard Seed, Wilted Violet, Black Soot Distress Inks, white craft ink, spray adhesive, sequins, seed beads

2 comments:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...