Thursday, August 06, 2020

You’re the Man! Five Days Until MFT’s August Release Countdown






























Hello and welcome to Day Five of MFT’s August Release Countdown! Release is on August 11th at 10am so mark your calendars! And be sure to check by the MFT Blog for all the details! Today we’re previewing BB Adorable Adventures Stamp Set, BB Adorable Adventures Die-namics, Old Friends Stamp Set, Old Friends Die-namics, Stitched Rolling Clouds Edges Die-namics, Rolling Clouds Stencil, and Happy Trails Patterned Paper Pad




Well, OF COURSE I had to use Old Friends Stamp Set and Die-namics for today’s card!! What a great idea and so well done—love these so much! There are quite a few people I can think of to send cards made with these guys ;-)

I began by stamping the images (mountains and trees are from another new set, BB Adorable Adventures) were stamped on No Line Coloring card stock, cut out with the coordinating Die-namics, and colored with Copic markers.





















To create my little scene, I sponged Blue Yonder dye ink through Oval Extraordinaire Stencil and built upon it with Petite Clouds Die-namics, A2 Circle STAX Die-namics, the colored images, and Stitched Fishtail Sentiment Strips Die-namics. Part of the sentiment was stamped on the card front and the rest on the blue strip. I used foam tape for dimension and a couple of papers from Happy Trails Paper Pack, and popped everything up on a Gravel Gray card stock base.

And that’s it from me today! I love how this card turned out and can’t wait to play with this set again. Thanks so much for stopping by! See you back tomorrow for Day Four of MFT’s August Release Countdown!





All products from
My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: Old Friends, BB Adorable Adventures
Die-namics: Old Friends, BB Adorable Adventures, Petite Clouds, A2 Circle STAX, Stitched Fishtail Sentiment Strips
Stencils: Oval Extraordinaire
Patterned Paper: Happy Trails
Dye Ink: Blue Yonder
Hybrid Ink: Extreme Black
MFT Card Stock/Specialty Papers: Sweet Tooth, Blue Yonder, Pineapple, Gravel Gray, No Line Coloring
Supplies/Tools: foam mounting tape, Smart Grid Paper Pad

Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, Mini MISTI, Mini MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, Copic markers, Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper, tape runner, white detail embossing powder, Embossing Magic, Multi Medium Matte Glue, Precision Tip Glue Applicator Bottle, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, plastic eraser, Mini Ink Blending Tool, Mini Ink Blending Foam Pads, Scor-Buddy

21 comments:

  1. The man looks very important 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is such a hoot! Thanks for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Barb! I love the patterned paper strips !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this set. I will use this one often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your dapper gentleman card. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving these stamps so much! Really stunning card design! I was looking forward to seeing what you made! :) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card. Would work so great for my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card for any man. Like how you used the patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card as I am always always looking for ideas for guy cards. Very neat and I love the new paper you used with the distinguished gentleman.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card and the sentiments! Finding appropriate stamps for making cards for the men in my life is difficult, but, this new MFT release is perfect for the guys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another way to use the oval extraordinaire!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another use for the oval extraordinaire!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the sentiment! I also liked your use of the patterned paper. I'm still learning how to mix and match. It's a delightful card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seriously meant for my husband.. =D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome card! My dad is turning 81 in a couple of weeks and this would be perfect! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute card with a very cute sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh! I love this stamp. It's about time someone came out with images for men that don't involve hunting or sports. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card. I like it soo much I'm planning on coping for my old man if thats ok? Stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  19. This character reminds me of my brother-in-law... now in his eighties and still having fun every day of his life. Love all the characters in Old Friends.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...