Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Warm Wishes & Sunny Smiles–MFT August Vault Release!




Hello! It’s time!! MFT’s August Vault Release is now live! Everything we’ve shown you the last two days is not available for purchase in the MFT Online Boutique!



I have another tropical-themed card for you today—maybe I’m stuck on these since we didn’t get to go on our annual trip to Belize this year, LOL! Maybe, but mainly because I love these sets so much and was SO happy to see them come back!! Today’s card features BB Polynesian Paradise Stamp Set and Die-namics along with Tiki Hut Die-namics. The images were stamped on No Line Coloring card stock with Extreme Black hybrid ink, cut out with the coordinating Die-namics, and colored with Copic markers. Next I created the Tiki Hut, cut from Kraft card stock and sponged with Kraft dye ink and the sun, cut from Lemon Drop card stock with A2 Circle STAX


















My background was created by sponging Blue Breeze dye ink on Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper using Rolling Clouds Stencil. Then I masked off the bottom and sponged it with Summer Splash dye ink and added the “sand” cut with Stitched Snow Drifts Die-namics from Natural card stock sponged with Kraft dye ink and popped up on foam.

Once all that was done I assembled all the pieces, using foam tape for dimension and heat embossed the sentiment for the finish.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope I provided you with a little inspiration using YOUR new August Vault products. No go shop!! See you soon!





All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: BB Polynesian Paradise
Die-namics: BB Polynesian Paradise, Tiki Hut, Stitched Snow Drifts, A2 Circle STAX
Stencils: Rolling Clouds
Dye Ink: Blue Breeze, Summer Splash, Kraft
Hybrid Ink: Extreme Black
MFT Card Stock/Specialty Papers: Sweet Tooth, No Line Coloring, Natural, Kraft, Lemon Drop, Black Licorice
Supplies/Tools: foam mounting tape, Smart Grid Paper Pad

Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, Mini MISTI, Mini MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, Copic markers, tape runner, white detail embossing powder, Embossing Magic, QuickStik Pick-up Tool,plastic eraser, Mini Ink Blending Tool, Mini Ink Blending Foam Pads, Scor-Buddy, heat tool

38 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! Love both the Polynesian Paradise stamp set and the Tiki Hut dienamic! Such great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Birdie Brown and your card with her images is too sweet! Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love the coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Tiki hut & hula girl. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tropical theme, amazing colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tropical card, amazing colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very fun look. Every time I see a hula girl I think of my grandparents that lived in Hawaii when it was a territory. The tiki hut looks great. Your sentiment is easy to see even though you have allot going on the layout works.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely adorable! Love the super cute hula girl and tiki hut and the peeking lizard! Just makes me smile! Tfs Hugs and blessings, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the roof top, and the colouring of course 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute tiki hut & gorgeous coloring, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The tiki hut shows nice dimension. Beautiful scene.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh such a pretty card, love the lizard peeking out the door!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I live in Florida & dream of retiring on the beach in about 5 more years, so everything tropical is for me. I have the Polynesian set, but need that tiki hut. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card! Like the little chameleon poking out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the chameleon peeking out also. So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect scene! I love that hula girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great coloring and cute scene. Love the peeking lizard.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So adorable! Love this scene. I am totally going to have to buy that Tiki hut

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the scene with the hut and the Polynesian cutie! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That tiki hut is the cutest! Along with that little hula girl! You've made a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Makes me want to hop a flight to somewhere tropical! The lizard peeking out is so cute and reminds me of the lizards in Cozumel that would crawl through the thatched roof of our room, while there.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the hut SO MUCH!! The girl is adorable, too. This is just my style.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic card! Love the chameleon poking out!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is adorable. :) Lovely coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is totally adorable. My favorite part is the little chameleon peeking out from the doorway, and I also like the little plumeria bush.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cute and colorful tropical scene.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Tee hee! Love the little guy peaking out of the door.. not sure if he's welcoming you in or gonna cause some trouble. Look at that face! Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the extra pieces of the set peeking out.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fun card...perfect tropical feel.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your card is wonderful, from the layout to the colouring! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Barbara, your card is so cute! Your little gal looks sunkissed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...