Saturday, August 08, 2020

I’m a Happy Camper When I’m with You–Three Days Until MFT’s August Release!




























Hello! And welcome to Day Three of
MFT’s August Release Countdown!! Only three days until the release on August 11 at 10am Eastern!!! Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for all the details. Today we’re previewing SY Happy Campers Stamp Set, SY Happy Campers Die-namics, A2 Circle STAX Die-namics, Petite Clouds Die-namics (previous Free with $60), Lined by Hand Background Stamp, and All Lined Up Diagonally Background Stamp.



How adorable is this camp site scene?? This guys are having a blast in the great outdoors. For this card I started with my sky. I stamped the mountains and masked them off while I sponged the sky with Ripe Persimmon, Squeezed Lemonade, Broken China, Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot Distress Inks. Once that was done I coated it with Ranger Mini Glaze so I could get the sharp stars with slightly watered-down white craft paint, and stamped the sentiment.  Then I colored the mountains and finished the scene with Jellybean card stock cut with Grassy Hills Die-namics and Kraft card stock cut with Stitched Snow Drifts Die-namics and adhered it to a Sweet Tooth card stock base.































All of the images were stamped on No Line Coloring card stock with Extreme Black hybrid ink, cut out with the coordinating Die-namics, colored with Copic markers, and then popped up into the scene with foam tape.

This was so much fun to make! Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you back tomorrow for Day Two of MFT’s August Release Countdown!






All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: SY Happy Campers
Die-namics: SY Happy Campers, Grassy Hills, Stitched Snow Drifts
Hybrid Ink: Extreme Black
MFT Card Stock/Specialty Papers: Sweet Tooth, Jellybean Green, Kraft, No Line Coloring
Supplies/Tools: foam mounting tape, Smart Grid Paper Pad

Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, Mini MISTI, Mini MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, Copic markers, Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper, tape runner, white detail embossing powder, Embossing Magic, Multi Medium Matte Glue, Precision Tip Glue Applicator Bottle, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen, Mini Mister, water brush, sponge daubers, plastic eraser, Mini Ink Blending Tool, Mini Ink Blending Foam Pads, Scor-Buddy, Ripe Persimmon, Squeezed Lemonade, Broken China, Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot Distress Inks, white craft paint, Ranger Mini Glaze

11 comments:

  1. Great card! I really like the sponged technique on the background. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scene Barb and I love the rosy cheeks on everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes a 'non-camper' want to go camping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card. I like how your mountains turned out with your sponged technique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet camping scene, lovely inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This adorable little scene is inspired! I'd love to see a video of you making it so that I could give it a feeble attempt at replication. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your shading especially the sky. Very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how the sky transitions in color. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!