Monday, August 24, 2020

One Day Until MFT August Card Kit, Better Together Release




Hello and welcome to the second and last day of Release Countdown for
MFT’s August Card Kit, Better Together! Release is tomorrow, August 24th, at 10am Eastern so set your clocks! Be sure to check by the MFT Blog for all the details and more inspiration from the Design Team.



You know those state vanity license plates with scenery behind the numbers? That’s what I’m channeling for this card, LOL! It all started with trying to come up with an idea to use with the sentiment from the set that’s on this card—I often do that: let a sentiment help me with design ideas.

To begin, I created the background using Drifts & Hills and Rolling Clouds Stencils along with Gumdrop Green and Blue Breeze dye inks. I wanted to use a piece of Road Trippin’ Paper Pad but since I’m using Slimline Starter Die-namics, it wasn’t long enough so I created my own, heat embossing the yellow lines on Black Licorice card stock. FINALLY using that embossing powder that’s been in my stash for YEARS!

Once the background was done, I stamped the images on No Line Coloring card stock with Extreme Black hybrid ink, cut them out with the coordinating Die-namics, and colored them with Copic markers.























Next I sponged Cornflower Blue dye ink and a little Black Soot Distress Ink on Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper and cut the word “BESTIES” out with Impact Alphabet. The images were tucked behind and on the letters, and popped up on foam tape. To continue the license place theme, I added “GRATEFUL” at the top and '”STATE OF MIND” at the bottom, cut with Captions Alphabet from Black Licorice and Poppy card stocks and adhered them directly. I finished off with the sentiment that started the whole thing, heat embossed on Black Licorice card stock and also popped up on foam.



And that’s it from me today! Thanks SO much for stopping by! See you back tomorrow with anther card for the release of MFT’s August Card Kit, Better Together!







All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: Better Together
Die-namics: Better Together, Impact Alphabet, Captions Alphabet
Stencils: Drifts & Hills, Rolling Clouds
Dye Ink: Blue Breeze, Gumdrop Green, Cornflower
Hybrid Ink: Extreme Black
MFT Card Stock/Specialty Papers: Sweet Tooth, No Line Coloring, Black Licorice, Poppy
Supplies/Tools: foam mounting tape, Smart Grid Paper Pad

Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, Mini MISTI, Mini MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, Copic markers, Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper, tape runner, white detail embossing powder, Embossing Magic, Multi Medium Matte Glue, Precision Tip Glue Applicator Bottle, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen, plastic eraser, Mini Ink Blending Tool, Mini Ink Blending Foam Pads, Scor-Buddy, Black Soot Distress Ink, heat tool, yellow embossing powder

7 comments:

  1. Great focal point with the blue letters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a crazy smart idea! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful slimline card with letters & cute critters.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great idea for this card kit! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cool card, I love that it is different from the other designs. Love the blue letters

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...