Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Bought it? Use it! - FTTC#61

It is time for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (FTTC61)! This week I'm your host! I'm challenging everyone to use the stuff you bought. A "bought it use it" challenge, so to speak. Now, if you purchased some pretty embellishments and put them away for a very special card, or you got some fancy smancy tool/punch that you just had to have, or better yet, you bought a gorgeous pack of designer papers and you have yet to use a piece, this is YOUR challenge! Tear off those wrappers girls, if we bought it we are using it this week! You have our permission! We would love to see what you create with the stuff you bought!


I *needed* this challenge--I have stuff stashed that I've forgotten about, how about you? Now don't go telling me I'm the only one who does that, LOL! I'm using Basic Grey's Two Scoops patterned paper, which is the very first Basic Grey paper I ever bought. While I've used it a lot, I've never even opened the package of matching glazed brads--until now! And I have many more sets to match Basic Grey papers. I'm hopeless . See, I *needed* this challenge!

Since I knew I wanted to use one of the large brads with a flower of some kind, I decided to make my focal image a sentiment. I love this sentiment from Falling Leaves--isn't it gorgeous? I stamped it on Flourishes Classic Ivory Card Stock with Blue Bayou ink and cut/embossed it and it's Blue Bayou mat with Classic Circle Nestabilities. I found a Prima flower in my stash that would work and punched another from DP, then hooked them together with one of the larger brads and added some DP punched out leaves. I used my Ticket Corner punch on the base corners and added some small brads to each corner. Since I didn't want my brads to show on the inside of the card, I used my trick of cutting off the brad "legs" and gluing the head on. That technique also comes in handy when you've forgotten to add your brad before you stick your layer together. And don't go telling me I'm the only one to do *that*, either ;-) !!

OK, I'm happy I used some of those brads that have been hanging around here for a long time--I've really been meaning to and maybe this has jump started me to doing more of that. Now, come along with me to see what my team mates have dragged out of their stashes to use today--it should be interesting :)


Thanks for stopping by!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Falling Leaves (Flourishes)
Paper: Classic Ivory (Flourishes; Blue Bayou (SU!); Two Scoops 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey)
Ink: Blue Bayou (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Classic Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders); 3M foam squares, ribbon (craft store); brads (Basic Grey; Prima flower; flower punch (Paper Studio); Ticket Corner punch (SU!)


12 comments:

  1. Oh, my! We could all use this challenge, I'm sure! I can't stamp fast enough to keep up with all the things I was so sure I needed. Especially paper. Oh, I'm terrible! Your card is a beautiful way to use up some of those papers, too. I wound up with two pads of Two Scoops. Got a few of those BasicGrey brads, too. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, I needed the challenge, too! Thank you so much!!
    Your card is absolutely beautiful!! I love the colors and how you embellished the card. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is wonderful Barbara! I also have this paper and haven't used it. Thanks for the inspiraton:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO glad you used this--it's one of my favorites and you used it very well! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara, this is so soothing and beautifully done! Love the tones and patterns! The touch of punch flowers with the quote is wonderful and those basicgrey brads are perfect! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ADORE all the blue Bar, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL!!! I don't do blue so often and I'm lovin' this card!!! All your new goodies are awesome Barbara!!! The BG DP is to die for!!! This was a fun challenge and now I have to make a 100 more cards...LOL!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Great idea for a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for pushing me into using something that was just laying around ( other then me that is). I have to say all of your above cards are just gorgeous. Great challenge. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Srop.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Barb!! Thanks for playing with The Sweet Stop sketch with us! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...