Thursday, April 15, 2010

MFT's Greatest Hits - Girl's Night Out

The DT decided it would be great fun to have a hop that would introduce new MFT fans to some sets they might not be aware of, or that might have been forgotten about. I chose Girl's Night Out for my set.


In a couple of weeks I'm going to a Victorian Tea Room for luncheon with my Red Hat girls. My visions of that tea room are what inspired this card. I wanted it to be very girlie and elegant. And white. So, after I'd chosen my colors I stamped the image on a Perfect Paper Panel, on the background patterned paper, and the two dress papers. Then I did a little coloring with Copic markers, cut out the girls, paper pieced the dresses, and adhered the girls to the background paper. That saved me the tedious task of paper piecing the background, plus added a little dimension. The white in the patterned paper is not quite white and not quite ivory, so I started looking for something in between. SU!'s Shimmery White card stock was perfect, and the shimmer added to the elegant feel of the card, too. I think the card construction is pretty easy: lots of layers, embossing, and punching. Silk ribbon, silk flowers, and pearls. And wispy leaves punched from patterned paper.

Here's the inside. If you click on it to enlarge it you can see some of the shimmer, I think, and I added more with a Sakura glitter pen on the wine glasses here and on the outside of the card.


If this tea room doesn't live up to my expectations I'm gonna be so bummed, LOL! If that's the case, maybe I'll do a card inspired by the reality ;-) So, do you want to see what the other girls have come up with? Then be at Kim's blog after 11:00am this morning for the link list. I can't *wait* to see what they've done!

Thanks for stopping by today!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Girls Night Out (MFT)
Paper: Shimmer White, Almost Amethyst (SU!); Perfect Paper Panels (MFT); Frond 6 x 6 pack (Memory Box)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Victorian embossing folder (Provocraft); Curved Rectangle Nestabilities (Spellbinders); 3M foam squares, Pop Dots, silk roses, pearls (craft store); border punch, leaf punch (Martha Stewart); Curly Label punch (SU!)


19 comments:

  1. Wow Barbara, this is really beautiful! The lovely white with little color, lacy punch, flowers and image make such feminine card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very classy my friend. I'll be bummed too if it doesn't match expectations. This card is so AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. Just love the soft colour combo and your beautiful flowers.

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you made this set so pretty and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty. I think your red hat girls should sip a little wine with your tea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS card, Bar! LOVE the elegance, and the way you've used those gorgeous pearl accents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh so stunning- love every detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely, Barbara! Very, very lady-like!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay - WOW!! Seriously, this is unbelievably elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. FAB!! Most excellent!!
    jennik

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is SOOOOOOO gorgeous! I just love the color combo and especially those pretty roses with the satin ribbon. So soft and romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are going to love having "high tea". We have the sweetest little tea place here and it is loaded with all things frilly and lacy. It is a tiny place, and not many people know about it, so it is like a little secret with my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Barbara, this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...