Sunday, April 25, 2010

Papertrey Ink April Blog Hop


This is my first PTI customer blog hop and I'm so excited!! This month's challenge was to use tissue paper on a card or project. Since I loved how the faux silk card I did a while back turned out so well I thought I'd do that again.

I got my inspiration from an Elle Decor magazine I saw at my hair salon, LOL! It was an ad for some wallpaper that instantly gave me this idea. First, I stamped the image from With Sympathy on tissue paper, from my last PTI order (I feel so GREEN, LOL!), with Enchanted Evening ink. Then I adhered the tissue to a piece of Kraft card stock with a glue stick and trimmed the edges. Next, I added some white to the leaves with a gel pen. Then I added a ribbon and bow using Summer Sunrise Swiss Dot Satin Ribbon, stamped the butterfly with Summer Sunrise ink, cut it out, and popped it up on half of a small Pop Dot. Finally, I stamped the sentiment, added it to an Enchanted Evening card base, and added some pearls that I colored with Copic markers. I tried to get a good picture of the faux silk effect but I couldn't. I think it's because it's on Kraft instead of white--whatever, it just wouldn't show up.

Thanks for stopping by! I'm really happy with how this turned out and I hope you like it, too!

~Supplies~
Stamps: With Sympathy (PTI)
Paper: Kraft, Enchanted Evening (PTI); tissue paper
Ink: Enchanted Evening, Summer Sunrise (PTI)
Accessories: Pop Dots, flat backed pearls (craft store); white gel pen; ribbon (PTI); Copic markers


53 comments:

  1. Pretty! Love the colors you used and that flourish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Love the colors you chose and how it all looks with the tissue paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! I love the little touches of Summer Sunrise with the kraft and enchanted evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely and elegant card! Have not tried that technique yet but it is very pretty on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool technique, Barbara. This is one gorgeous set.....sigh. I wish I had more: time, money, creativity, money, mojo.......you get my drift. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful pop of color! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME card, Barb! Totally gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it, that bit of summer sunrise is just great!! Amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card-I love kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how this turned out! It's elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh, that flourish is so pretty! Beautiful beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!!!! Great color combo!! Love the pop of Summer Sunrise...it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The colors are gorgeous as is your card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. As always, you have created another gorgeous card! I absolutely love the white colored on the enchanted evening.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, Barbara. Love the flourish and the blue and yellow color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so beautiful!! I love all the elements and touches you added. Great color combo too!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Barbara, this is just gorgeous! You did an awesome job with those colors and that faux silk.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey, they say inspiration comes from everywhere! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your fauz silk BG is so soft and perfect for your bright ribbon and butterflies! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great color combo, love the pop of yellow. Way to rock the tissue paper challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Strikingly beautiful! This is truly a stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is gorgeous..love the colors!!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card is BEAUTIFUL! Love the color combo!
    Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh you are SOOO good at this technique! Yours really does look like raw silk. Love the sophisticated images and color scheme you chose to match!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely gorgeous! I love your "wallpaper" card front.

    ReplyDelete
  26. this is beautiful - I love the color combo

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just love this!! So elegant! The colors are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Barbara! WOW! So pretty! I love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the colors. Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very pretty, the ribbon is so striking across the background.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my - this is just gorgeous! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Another CAS masterpiece Barbara!!! Love this Sympathy card and the colors are WOW!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  33. Absolutely gorgeous!!! Love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  34. So glad you got to join us this month. Nice job on the card. I especially like the colors and the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love how you went over some of the leaves of the flourish with white gel pen. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful card Bar! Love the colors you chose and that SS ribbon is perfect. Isn't it wonderful the places you can find inspiration from? I know I am certainly inspired when I visit you!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous card, GF! LOVE this color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Lovely card - love the colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a beautiful card. I love the white you added to the flourish as well as the color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Gorgeous card Barbara! Love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Gorgeous card/fabulous colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Ooohhh...I LOVE enchanted evening paired with summer sunrise! So stunning! Thanks for letting us "peek" into your scraproom. ANd, I might mention- you have really pretty cheekbones. :o) I know it doesn't have anything to do with your card, but it's definitely worth mentioning. ha ha...

    ReplyDelete
  43. This card is so elegant. I love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  44. This is breathtaking Bar, just love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...